Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Observation for what it's worth. GOTCHA GUYS are far more prevalent than gotcha gals. You make a mistake (so they think) and guess what?

Observation for what it's worth. GOTCHA GUYS are far more prevalent than gotcha gals. You make a mistake (so they think) and guess what?

The GOTCHA GUY jumps right on it. You rarely ever hear from a gotcha gal.

Now here's the good part. When the GOTCHA GUY thinks he GOTCHA only to find out he didn't getcha because it was PURPOSEful does he ever apologize?

Don't hold your breath. The GOTCHA guy never apologozes. Never says "oops" sorry. Never. I have no idea why but I expect there is a reason..

Posted - August 10, 2021

Responses

Maybe ... but females remember, and hold it against you, for far longer.  Far, far longer.

As to apologizing ... I have never heard a female who spread a false rumor, try to reverse the rumor or correct people who keep spreading it after she knows it is untrue.

So what's the reason for similar behavior by both men and women?
    Maybe because we want to feel like we contribute something - even if it is something as petty as pointing out someone else's faults.
    After all, that is far easier than actually contributing something positive to society.
    And then, when we know it is wrong, we don't like having our own faults pointed out - even if it is ourselves doing the pointing.

That's just my opinion, of course.
      August 10, 2021 3:19 PM MDT

Which I value or we would not be engaging in conversation. I don't know Walt. Early on when I joined Answerbag there was this cabal of correcters floating around pointing out errors. That's all they ever did. GOTCHA GOTCHA GOTCHA. It was very annoying. English is not the first language of many social site members. People do not show up to be shamed or corrected. They show up to chat with others. I lost count of all the times I'd say that to the correcter squad to no avail. Because that was all they had going for them. Nothing creative imaginative or thought-provoking. But they wanted to be noticed and they obviously wanted to be thought of as knowledgeable intelligent and "helpful". My A**! They are all alike and they are always around and they are boring as he**!  I honestly don't know why they think being supercilious condescending and insulting gets them any brownie points. Do you? I always told them to get a job as a proof reader somewhere and get paid for it but leave us alone! I guess I beat that horse to death. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine! :)
      August 11, 2021 3:22 AM MDT

And females hold grudges, as Walt points out, and are quick to play the victim in response to the smallest perceived slight. That's why it's called being a drama QUEEN, not a drama king!
      August 10, 2021 3:25 PM MDT

Reminds me of the other day, my friend was telling me of all the drama in her family and it all seemed like minor stuff to ignore, to me.
    And I said something along the lines of "you must enjoy the drama, or you'd just ignore it".
    She responded by saying I'm more into drama than she is.
    To which I answered: "I must be.  I keep coming over here, when I don't have to."

LOL

August 11, 2021 7:01 AM MDT

I know. Rosie's post was directed at me. She doesn't take anything lightly even when no harm is intended.
      August 11, 2021 7:38 AM MDT