Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Google teaches pre-schoolers how to program so they can find the one genius that will rule us all. Good?

Google teaches pre-schoolers how to program so they can find the one genius that will rule us all. Good?

#GeniusWorship

Posted - October 30, 2016

Responses

• Not sure if I should feel appalled or skeptical, I did a search for news articles making the above claim and could find none.
    I found many about Google putting a lot of energy into free education in programming skills at all levels from pre-school to university.
    It seems clear that the company has an urgent desire to foster as many programmers as possible. They may very likely be wanting to foster genius in IT.
    But I found no evidence to show that Google wishes to rule the world.
    Rather, the www is currently one of the best tools in existence for the prevention of tyranny because it makes it impossible to prevent people from being subversive.
      October 30, 2016 9:13 PM MDT

Well, I think Google does not want someone who knows more than the rest of the ants.  We need worker ants and brood mothers, not someone to take over Google.  They are not going to give up their hold on the universe to one puny minion.
      October 30, 2016 9:47 PM MDT

• lol! like  :-)
      October 30, 2016 11:41 PM MDT