Active Now

Spunky
Randy D
my2cents
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is being SARCASTIC the same thing as BEING A SMARTA**?

Is being SARCASTIC the same thing as BEING A SMARTA**?

Posted - August 12, 2021

Responses

I don't think so. I use sarcasm a lot for humourous purposes. To me, being a smart-ass denotes something negative.
      August 12, 2021 1:33 PM MDT

There's a fine line between the two.  Many times we cross over without knowing it.
      August 12, 2021 2:20 PM MDT

I think it's in the intention which is manifested by the nature or manner of the delivery Shuhak. If the responder TARGETS the question asker that's one thing not remotely acceptable. But if the target is the "generic" or "the other" rather than the specific I think that's what makes it worth reading. Just my opinion of course. INTENTION is extremely important. When you know what lies behind there is no being confused. Mostly. Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      August 13, 2021 2:12 AM MDT

Many's the time when my sarcasm was called being a smarta**.  I never intended it that way, and, as far as I knew, my delivery didn't come off that easy either.
      August 13, 2021 8:42 PM MDT

There are a coupla smarta** muggers and they are nowhere near your class of wit or smarts or creative perception. NO WHERE NEAR. They think they are the cat's pajamas and the best thing since sliced white bread. They aren't. They are boringly consistently relentlessly constant. Also they totally lack a sense of humor. They dish out serious crap and take victory laps. AARRGGHH. So I just ignore them avoid them and they don't exist. Now it could be that their "sense of humor" is off the wall different from mine. That is totally possible. Anything is possible. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      August 14, 2021 2:06 AM MDT