Active Now

Spunky
Randy D
my2cents
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » BETRAYAL. Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus for which he was allegedly paid 30 pieces of silver. What happened after later?

BETRAYAL. Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus for which he was allegedly paid 30 pieces of silver. What happened after later?

Allegedly when Judas found out Jesus was to be crucified he tried to return the money. I guess because he regretted it? He committed suicide allegedly.

But there is another theory. That Judas did what he did at the request of Jesus. How that flies I don't know.

But..and here is the great IRONY.

The crucifixion and resurrection was the gateway to human salvation. Turned out to be short-lived temporary. Why wasn't it permanent? And why should an act of someone else be the cause of one's salvation? Why isn't that up to the individual to lead a good life a true life a just life an honorable life? Why is it the job of others to insure that? More passing the buck of responsibility. Never ending. Never changing. TRANSFERENCE.

Posted - August 13, 2021

Responses

The Jewish god required a blood sacrifice from Jews, in order to forgive their sins.

I am not sure whether it was required of Gentiles, or not.  But the requirements for Gentiles were less strict, from what I have heard.
      August 13, 2021 7:37 AM MDT

A blood sacrifice of a living thing like a lamb or a goat or a virgin? Or just a pin prick as diabetics used to do before they got those fancy pinprick machines or whatever they have these days? Thank you for that info Walt. Something else I DID NOT KNOW. Kinda sorta VIOLENT and SAVAGE isn't it? That GOD was not a docile GOD. Blood lust? This post was edited by RosieG at August 13, 2021 7:46 AM MDT
      August 13, 2021 7:45 AM MDT

Yes - animal blood sacrifices.
    Although, there is the story of God calling upon Abraham to sacrifice his son - and Abraham was going to do it before God said not to at the last minute.
      August 13, 2021 10:37 AM MDT

Another something I did not know. I do not know that version of god Walt. I wonder who I've been talking to for 83 years? I was told GOD IS LOVE but what you said ain't love. Too late to rethink things. I'm stuck being stuck in that version of GOD. No wonder I can't relate to most "Christians". Our GODS are not the same one! Uh oh. I think I just threw down a gauntlet.  Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      August 13, 2021 11:06 AM MDT

That's one of the reasons I stopped being a Christian.
    I could not reconcile the God of the Old Testament, with the God of the New Testament ... yet tI was taught that God is unchanging.
      August 13, 2021 11:33 AM MDT

Remember the BIBLE was written over many years by many people AND church politics played a very big role in what would be allowed in AND women were also relegated to back of the bus. Taking the BIBLE as the word of GOD has always seemed odd to me when everyone knows how it came to be. Sure there are some passages that are golden. Treasured. THE LORD IS MY SHEPARD I SHALL NOT WANT being one of them. But for me it isn't an EITHER/OR. To be a Christian you must take the BIBLE as the WORD OF GOD or you are not a Christian. I think that's malarkey baloney and ridiculous. Just my opinion. It's all I've got. I don't truck with church or churchgoers or pastors or priests who just get in the way and tell me what GOD thinks. They are all full of themselves and many of them blaspheme their lives away pretending to be men of GOD but actually are depraved perverts. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      August 14, 2021 3:17 AM MDT

Judas betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver.. the price of a slave.  Judas, like the rest of the disciples, were expecting Jesus to be a king who would overthrow the roman government and make them like they wee under King David.  Jesus Was not that kind of a king (which He told them over and over).  Judas thought that by betraying Jesus to the Jewish leaders would force Him to fight the Romans.  When that didn't happen, he felt guilty for what he had done and tied to return the money.  The Pharisees didn't give  a hoot as they got what they always wanted - a chance to kill Jesus.
    Instead of tuning to God for forgiveness, Judas turned to himself.  The Logical human solution to relieve massive guilt is to committed suicide.  So he did.
    Salvation was not temporary.  What Jesus did then still stands today.   Salvation remains available to everyone.  Leadog a good life is NOT a sign of salvation.  One can never do enough good deeds to earn salvation.  People try, but it wont work.  Salvation is a free gift.  
      August 13, 2021 11:04 PM MDT