Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What is the purpose of making alliances with other countries? United we stand, divided we fall? Strength in numbers? Or is it meaningless?

What is the purpose of making alliances with other countries? United we stand, divided we fall? Strength in numbers? Or is it meaningless?

Posted - August 17, 2021

Responses

Strength in numbers.  And I'm sure there's a monetary perk to it as well. 
      August 17, 2021 11:49 AM MDT

So do we align ourselves with those who are weaker than us or stronger than us? Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      August 18, 2021 2:22 PM MDT

We usually align ourselves with the stronger.  That way if attacked, we'll stand a better chance of winning the fight.

Say a schoolyard bully is always taking your lunch money.  On your own you're just about helpless to stop him.  However, if you befriend a strong muscular person, the bully will start to think twice about taking your money - especially if your friend puts him in a trashcan once or twice.  
      August 18, 2021 5:56 PM MDT

That is a REALLY GOOD example Shuhak. I'd pick the biggest strongest toughest to pal with. What I could give in return to such a person? My appreciation and gratitude and loyalty. But in turn maybe at a different level someone might want me as a pal. Not to protect so much as maybe share things with? It's easy to recognize those who are  on the same level or in the same ballpark by how they express themselves. That might sound snobby or snooty but it is a fact. There is no denying it. We are drawn to those we can communicate with EASILY. Those that are tough? AARRGGHH. Thank you for your reply!:)
      August 19, 2021 1:36 AM MDT