Active Now

DannyPetti
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » After TWENTY YEARS of being trained and fighting side-by-side with soldiers the Afghans were unable to defend themselves. Why is that?

After TWENTY YEARS of being trained and fighting side-by-side with soldiers the Afghans were unable to defend themselves. Why is that?

I guess some countries simply are not equipped to fight. Whether it is mental emotional spiritual or physical they expect/require others to do the fighting for them. Scairdy cats pacifists what?

Something is missing in them. A spine or the will or pride and patriotism or love of country.

Something is very wrong methinks. Afghans just stopped fighting and gave themselves over to the Taliban.

AFTER TWENTY YEARS?

Posted - August 17, 2021

Responses

Don't blame the Aghan soldiers themselves. It's emerging that they were very poorly supported by their Government.

Also of course many probably had little stomach for shooting fellow-Afghans, risking the widespread destruction and death by what would be effectively a civil war. Especially as a lot of the Talibani were that mainly to boot the foreigners out of their country.
      August 17, 2021 5:21 PM MDT

It is such an awful mess and huge tragedy. The way it is ending. I don't get why weeks ago thousands and thousands and thousands didn't leave, get out, go. They KNEW what would be required. It wasn't a surprise. So what happened? And now things are getting back to "normal" which is terribly terribly horrific for the women. 20 years down the tubes! 20 years for what? It's horrendous for the outsiders looking in. But being inside? I agree we can't be there forever but I wish Joe's tone hadn't been so strident. That surprises me a bit. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Durdle. Oh and of course whatever weapons and stuff America gave to the Afghans are now in the hands of the Taliban. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine! :)
      August 18, 2021 2:16 AM MDT