Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Getting shots futurely constantly and boosters too for variants and mutants is inescapable. Will they continue to be FREE?

Getting shots futurely constantly and boosters too for variants and mutants is inescapable. Will they continue to be FREE?

Posted - August 18, 2021

Responses

I hope so.  So far the yearly flu shot is free (county sponsored drive-thru each October)
      August 18, 2021 11:39 AM MDT

Well the yearly FLU shot is free so I guess this will be too. Only  the FLU SHOT doesn't require a booster. Why? I shall ask. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      August 18, 2021 11:53 AM MDT

Um.. the flu shot IS a booster.  
      August 18, 2021 12:39 PM MDT

A BOOSTER to WHAT?
      August 18, 2021 12:43 PM MDT

To the previous years shot.  Each year they try to "guess" which strain of flu will be the worst and put it in the shot.
      August 18, 2021 1:25 PM MDT

Okay. Let me repeat what I THINK you said. Once upon a time there was the ORIGINAL Flu Shot and all subsequent shots have been and will be BOOSTER shots to the original? Is that what you meant? Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      August 18, 2021 1:34 PM MDT

Yes.  Over the centuries, the flu virus has mutated into upteen thousand different "varieties".
      August 18, 2021 1:49 PM MDT

Wow! So theoretically or actually the flu we get each year is thousands and thousands and thousands of years old? Or am I extrapolating too far? :)
      August 18, 2021 1:57 PM MDT

Extrapolating.  I'm willing to say the "original" flu probably doesn't exist anymore.  Liek covid, it had to keep mutating to stay alive.
      August 18, 2021 2:02 PM MDT

Okay. Let me ask you this. Wherever your roots began from whatever source is a tiny bit of that person still in you even if it happened hundreds or thousands of years ago? Or is it gone entirely? I'm trying to visualize an endless DNA that has a constant piece to it that never changes. Don't we all have a piece of Adam & Eve within us? Did it disappear Or is it still here? I know. It's complicated. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      August 18, 2021 2:21 PM MDT

Yes, we do have a "piece" of adam and Eve in us.  While every person is a unique individual, we still have the same basic body structure as they did - 1 head, 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 feet; we breather air, eat food, drink water, and  reproduce exactly the way their bodies did.  While All DNA is different, it still contains those same basic codes.
    As we know, most people tend to look a bit like their parents.  Yet as each generation "intermingles", those characteristics can get "watered down".
      August 18, 2021 6:19 PM MDT

A photo of my mom when she was five and me at five looked REMARKABLY the same. I resemble her more than my sis does and she resembled our dad more than I did. I wonder exactly what determines THAT? So the foundation/structure is the same but what about the brain, the emotions, the intellect? I know. How can we know? Thank you for your reply Shuhak.
      August 19, 2021 1:30 AM MDT