Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are Regeneron antibody treatments (what saved GUANO's life allegedly) more, less or as effective as the vaccines? CAN ANYONE GET THEM? FREE?

Are Regeneron antibody treatments (what saved GUANO's life allegedly) more, less or as effective as the vaccines? CAN ANYONE GET THEM? FREE?

Are they as plentiful available as vaccines? What's the story?

Posted - August 19, 2021

Responses

I don't know their relative efficacy, and that may depend on the individual, in this example; but a vaccine and a treatment do different things.
      August 22, 2021 5:00 PM MDT

That did not occur to me Durdle. Treatment/vaccine differ? How? Oh. Wait. When I had cancer I had six months of chemo and 25 days of radiation. TREATMENTS right? Though of course the chemo was via needle in my arm for hours for three days every three weeks for six months. Ok. The Regeneron treatment supposedly takes two hours though it lasts 20 minutes. I guess they have to prep you and then afterwards they watch you for any bad reactions for awhile. This Regeneron is supposed to be superswell and awesome and always works. It's allegedly what they used on Guano immediately because I guess he got it real bad. He is obese and that is a very big underlying condition that kills people. Thank you for pointing that out! :)
      August 23, 2021 1:01 AM MDT

Google is your friend.
      August 22, 2021 5:04 PM MDT