Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Per the FTC FB is an "illegal monopoly". Are there are legal ones?

Per the FTC FB is an "illegal monopoly". Are there are legal ones?

Allegedly FTC wants to "break up" FB into pieces. They haven't said how many pieces but will those pieces be competitors?

Posted - August 20, 2021

Responses

Yes. And so are Twitter, Google, etc. 
    The end is coming for them all.  Legal protection leaving, possible breaking up into smaller pieces. 
      August 20, 2021 5:15 AM MDT

Google. Twitter, Facebook... are they independent or just trading names used for different branches of one company?
      August 22, 2021 4:57 PM MDT

Gosh I have no idea but I know they are mammoth huge enormous and make really big bucks. I GOOGLE all the time. I LOVE being able to put words in and get info out. I don't twitter or FB. Not my cuppa tea and also the FB/Twitter crowd is filled with nutjob crackpot GUANOHEADS and insurrectionists and vile vermin who plot and conspire to blow up Democracy. I have no use for it at all whatsoever. I wonder how different our world would be now without them? I shall ask. Thank you for your question. I have no idea what the correct truth reply is. But I sure wouldn't to give GOOGLE. It's like having the world's libraries at my fingertips any hour of the day! :)
      August 23, 2021 1:04 AM MDT

Those are independent companies.
      August 23, 2021 5:40 AM MDT