Active Now

DannyPetti
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "GM RECALLS ALL CHEVY BOLTS" due to FIRE risk. Do you have one? Chevy's "$1.8 billion problem"?

"GM RECALLS ALL CHEVY BOLTS" due to FIRE risk. Do you have one? Chevy's "$1.8 billion problem"?

Posted - August 22, 2021

Responses

I have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra.  There was a recall about 6 months after I bought it - something about the possibility of bolts in the frame coming loose.  I took it back to the dealer, they did whatever was necessary and it's been fine ever since.
      August 22, 2021 10:51 AM MDT

That's good. I always wonder about massive recalls. What kind of QC department do they have? I know some problems only show up over time but still there are so many recalls every year there's got to be a better way to manufacture things that won't kill you! Thank you for your reply L. I just thought of a question. I know. You're shocked. Here's a preview. "How long should a company take to test its product before it goes to market"?
      August 23, 2021 2:51 AM MDT

Well, cars are assembled by humans and humans make mistakes whether in the drawing stage or i the manufacturing.  So, I suppose it would be foolish to think that nothing would every go wrong.
      August 23, 2021 5:53 AM MDT

Massive recalls? Every year? That means that something was being done consistently WRONG on a very large scale and it was not just an anomaly or human error. That is very bad to know L. Very bad. It's like having the whole barrel of apples defective and not just a couple. Thank you for your reply.
      August 23, 2021 7:57 AM MDT