Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Current "coined" word. "TWINDEMIC". As Flu season approaches do we have a flu shot for this year or have all the labs focued only on COVID?

Current "coined" word. "TWINDEMIC". As Flu season approaches do we have a flu shot for this year or have all the labs focued only on COVID?

Without a flu shot some of us could potentially double die. Get the flu and get Covid.

For those NEVER GET FLU SHOTS this may be the year they wish they had.

Posted - August 25, 2021

Responses

I see Walgreen is offering flu shots, so I assume that vaccine will be available as usual.
      August 25, 2021 7:28 AM MDT

I've only ever gotten the flu shot at a doctor's office. Never at a pharmacy. I didn't know they gave them. But I did get the J&J at a local Hemet Pharmacy. Good to know! Thank you for your reply. But the big question do we have developed and ready to give folks for THIS FLU SEASON? Can shots be given in concert or must you wait days/weeks between them?
      August 25, 2021 8:49 AM MDT

Depends on the vaccine.
    I had to wait 14 days between shots for Covid.
    I think you're supposed to have a waiting period before/after the flu vaccine, as well.
      August 25, 2021 9:22 AM MDT

I just had the J&J so one shot was it. I wonder if the ingredients in any of those shots would have an adverse affect on one another? Another thing to worry about! Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 25, 2021 9:26 AM MDT

The strange thing is that for those in an area where masks and social distancing are being observed, they are much less likely to catch colds and flu. This is not to suggest being complacent; so if you normally get a flu vaccination, you may want to consider having it. This post was edited by Robert at August 25, 2021 2:58 PM MDT
      August 25, 2021 2:57 PM MDT