Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Georgia Cop Captain Joe Manning refused to be vaxed and took HORSE/COW dewormer Ivermectin and Dies. Are all cops that stupid?

Georgia Cop Captain Joe Manning refused to be vaxed and took HORSE/COW dewormer Ivermectin and Dies. Are all cops that stupid?

Posted - August 28, 2021

Responses

As worded, it would not be appropriate to answer this discussion, but I hope the following will assist the general reader:

Not regarding the individual to which reference has been made in the discussion, the following is what I have found regarding the educational requirements to apply to become a Georgia police officer. There are a number of requirements which include the following:

> Education: Have a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent

> ASSET or COMPASS tests [... which] check basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills,

> Morris & McDaniel Entry-Level Police Test (ELP) [...] assesses the basic skills of the candidate that are necessary for the effective performance of their job duties.
    The test checks 8 aptitudes, namely
    spatial orientation,
    inductive reasoning,
    flexibility of closure,
    problem sensitivity,
    memorization,
    verbal comprehension,
    semantic ordering, and
    visualization.

Source:
    https://golawenforcement.com/articles/georgia-police-exam/

Generally, requirements in any profession change over time, so that if someone entered the force some years ago, the requirements may have been different when they joined.
    I would also assume (though the above source does not cover this) that to attain promotion, further training / exams may be required. 

A person's medical beliefs or misunderstanding thereof, has no relevance to their work in the police.

This post was edited by Robert at August 28, 2021 7:07 PM MDT
      August 28, 2021 5:39 PM MDT