Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If you speak with AUTHORITY you can be full of sh** and folks will buy every word of it. WHY IS THAT?

If you speak with AUTHORITY you can be full of sh** and folks will buy every word of it. WHY IS THAT?

FOOTOO
QANONS
HATE GROUPS

Thrive on bullsh**. Dish it out and eat it up and pass it around 24/7.

And they have nothing but CONTEMPT/DISDAIN for the fools who believe them.

Posted - August 29, 2021

Responses

People think if someone is in authority, then they must know what they're talking about.  Advertisers know this.  If they have a person in a suit trying to sell a pill, most people won't pay attention.  But if they put a white doctors coat on the same person, over 60% of people will not only pay attention, but will buy the product.  People associate that white doctors coat with someone who has authority in the medical business - even if that person is just the janitor.  (if in doubt, check out medical ads on TV).
      August 29, 2021 1:21 PM MDT

Long ago before we knew about the straightline tie to causing lung cancer I remember doctors (well actors pretending most likely) ENDORSING CIGARETTES! I think one brand had menthol in it. I was just a very young kid and it may have been before your time.  Doctors are supposed to know what is healthy for you so it carried extra weight and influence. At that time we did not know that 90% of lung cancer is caused by smoking. At least I sure hope we didn't. I know that cigarette makers KNEW some of the crap they used was not healthy. But death sticks? I hope they didn't know that truth. People do not listen to CONTENT. They react to PACKAGING. That's why you can sell them anything at anytime for any reason and charge them for it through the nose and they think you are doing them a favor! Stupid reigns supreme. Sadly I think it always will. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      August 30, 2021 3:44 AM MDT

Did You know I can STILL sing the jingle to a cigarette TV commercial that was aired in 1968?  I was only 4 years old when they aired that commercial (and for us, TV was rare so I probably only saw it 2, maybe 3 times at the most).  Oh, they knew darn WELL they were touting death sticks - and trying to get kids to smoke as well   All they cared about was money!  And it kept rolling in!!  If I recall correctly, they tied up the courts for years trying to prove that R J Reynolds knew they were deadly and still sold them.  
    I've seen vintage ads of the so-called "doctors" endorsing cigarettes.  I know quite a few many of the actors who endorsed cigs died because of them (in one way or another).
      August 30, 2021 1:36 PM MDT