Active Now

DannyPetti
Thebigd
Element 99
Malizz
CosmicWunderkind
Randy D
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Environment » Have you seen Leonardo DiCaprio's new documentary "Before the Flood"?

Have you seen Leonardo DiCaprio's new documentary "Before the Flood"?

I don't know if you like documentaries. I do, so I try to watch as many as I can. This one was mentioned a lot on the media. Then it appeared on Twitter, so I watched it. It's on Amazon, but not on Netflix. It was about Leonard's travels around the globe filming and talking to people about the environment. You might enjoy it. I did. 

Posted - November 2, 2016

Responses

I would love it.  Thank you.  I will watch it.
    Oh, wait.  Leo ain't voting for Trump is he?  HEEE HEEEE

http://www.slashfilm.com/watch-before-the-flood/ This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 2, 2016 3:41 PM MDT
      November 2, 2016 3:38 PM MDT

@S., no, Trump is a climate denier. Says he is getting rid of a regulations. So he plans to trash the planet basically. I liked it. Thanks! 
      November 2, 2016 6:33 PM MDT

I know Leo is TRYING to be conscientious and he has a huge brain so I am sure he is doing his clear best to make sure he does not mess this up.  It is kind of a life's work in progess project. 

Trump is the last thing on his mind.
      November 2, 2016 6:36 PM MDT

No, but I hear that it's doing "great" . . .

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2016/11/01/dismal-ratings-for-dicaprios-global-warming-epic-before-the-flood-beaten-by-bubble-guppies/

By the way, aren't documentaries based on fact, not conjecture?
      November 2, 2016 4:21 PM MDT

@Salt And Pepper, climate deniers aren't going to like any part of this. You should watch it and not just take anyone's word on it. Peter Dzoghi comments on this movie: 26 out of 135 found his review helpful. 

As for kid's shows, everybody watches them with their kids. They should be at the top of the list. 
      November 2, 2016 6:37 PM MDT

So, the climate is changing. So what? I don't think anyone denies that. Climates around the globe have changed over time since the earth started spinning on its axis. But the now unwritten implication is that humans have collectively done something "bad" to make that suddenly happen, which speaks more to arrogance followed by guilt than to actual power over nature. It's fueled by the unfounded "belief" that any particular climate has existed since time began coupled with the non-linear natures of changes in the climate. And there's a good measure of "never let a "crisis" go to waste" in that mix.

But if that's true, if global warming (which is really what you mean by climate change) is being caused by human activity, explain why, suddenly (in the geologic timescale), was there a BIG meltdown of the remainder of the Laurentide Ice Sheet between 5,000 and 25,000 years ago? Maybe it was those native campfires that were recently found under 50-feet of water in Lake Michigan?
      November 3, 2016 1:25 PM MDT

My dad had a saying, I'd like to impart to you S&P

"You talk like a sausage"
      November 3, 2016 1:28 PM MDT

And mine had a saying that I'd like to impart on you: "You talk like you have a paper a-hole."
      November 3, 2016 2:27 PM MDT

You had better hope this is doing great or your great grandchildren won't be posting anything because they won't exist.

Conjure that one.   No one will be able to tell them that sneering egomaniacs would rather die than open their minds to any possible threat to their idiot stance. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 2, 2016 6:39 PM MDT
      November 2, 2016 6:38 PM MDT

IF you really do take this "humankind is the biggest cause of "climate change"" issue seriously then you had better hope that it does well China, India, Russia and Japan. THEY'RE the ones building those dreaded coal-fired generating plants at a feverish rate. Those are the power stations that each belch megatons of that dreaded CO2 into the air annually. (Think I read somewhere that over 1 a month is going on line somewhere.) Here in the States we're decommissioning those plants, much to the damage of a major sector of our economy (which is added to the economy of those afore mentioned nations). Ever wonder what those countries know that we stupid Americans don't? Hmmm . . .
      November 3, 2016 12:54 PM MDT