Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » The 2016 prez election has taught us that actions don't matter, words don't matter , character doesn't matter. What does and why?

The 2016 prez election has taught us that actions don't matter, words don't matter , character doesn't matter. What does and why?

Posted - November 3, 2016

Responses

• $$$$$
      November 3, 2016 10:53 AM MDT

I second that emotion.

November 3, 2016 11:28 AM MDT

Showmanship.  I've learned from many years of being involved in controversial issues that to unthinking people, it's not what you say, it's how you say it.  Say something with unblinking confidence and conviction and they will believe you especially if you are good looking and charismatic.  Just look at what Hitler was able to do.
      November 3, 2016 4:55 PM MDT

I thought Hitler was most unattractive physically and Trump is far worse. They both talked gibberish and come from a place  of virulent hatred. Nothing remotely appealing about either of them and if Trump ever touched me I'd undoubtedly throw up all over him  from revulsion! Yuck! Icky poo! I'd gag for sure. So we are now on the precipice of disaster.  A few more days and we shall know what the fates have in store. Either way  it won't matter who wins the Trump worshippers will be out there to assert themselves on his behalf. Armed of course  because they are all strong second amendment folks. All ALT RIGHT WHITES I presume. Even the people of color who support him are white at their core. Thank you for your reply CMI and Happy Friday! :)
      November 4, 2016 3:19 AM MDT