Active Now

Shuhak
CosmicWunderkind
Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Questions » Business » Those who do not have a smart phone (me), do you feel discriminated against when you can only buy a product if you order it with their app?

Those who do not have a smart phone (me), do you feel discriminated against when you can only buy a product if you order it with their app?

Posted - February 18, 2022

Responses

I'm not sure "discriminated" is the word I would use.  More like they thumb their nose at anyone who doesn't have one and punishes them by not allowing them to avail themselves of items that can only be discounted using a smartphone.
      February 18, 2022 2:22 PM MST

Yes!  Fine, I won't buy your stupid product.. but I will badmouth you whenever possible (hear that Xfinity!).
      February 18, 2022 2:35 PM MST

I have a smartphone. But I do not download every businesses app.   It does not bother me...it is just an advertising gimmick.  

I run a special item of the week for my business.  You have to go to my business Facebook page each week to see what the item is. We do not tell you in store and will not give the sale price unless you tell the cashier that it is the item of the week on FB. 
      February 18, 2022 3:44 PM MST

Excellent example of what I am talking about. Thanks.
      February 19, 2022 11:18 AM MST

We do have signs up telling people to go to our FB page to see the item.    And if someone  goes there later and sees they bought the item at full price and they let me know I will refund them the difference  because they had to go to the FB page to see it. (I make a record of it, if someone buys one instore.  In case, I get a call) 
      February 19, 2022 4:41 PM MST

How many ask "What is facebook?"
      February 19, 2022 8:04 PM MST

No one. 
      February 20, 2022 5:02 AM MST