Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Are you ready for an edible chip to ensure your healthcare compliance?

Are you ready for an edible chip to ensure your healthcare compliance?

https://mobile.twitter.com/DreaHumphrey/status/1498069035581202434?cxt=HHwWhICjrbn2msopA

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla, thinks that the edible biological chip that has been FDA approved to ensure compliance is fascinating, and needs to be invested in.

Won't the gov, big pharma, your health insurance, and doctors be so excited to ensure your compliance?

(Added) Pfizer CEO said, "Maybe I will use an example. I think it is fascinating what is happening in this field right now. The FDA approved the first electronic pill, if I can call it that, it's basically a biological chip that is in the tablet and once you take the tablet it sends a signal that you took the tablet. Imagine the implications of that compliance. The insurance companies can know that the medicines that patients should take they do take them. It is fascinating what happens in this field."

https://www.ibtimes.sg/pfizer-ceo-albert-bourla-admits-presence-biological-chip-vaccines-viral-video-fuels-61857

Posted - February 28, 2022

Responses

What's the chip do?

Is it a nanite factory?  EG: Does it build nanites to attack cancer cells?  
    Does it help remove toxins from the body?
    Does it help to maintain body weight and lower the risk of multiple health conditions?

I'd volunteer for those.
      February 28, 2022 12:56 PM MST

Ensures compliance.  
      February 28, 2022 5:37 PM MST

So, it ensures somebody took their meds?
    I favor that.

I know too many people who are on multiple medications, and often forget to take their meds on time - and they (or those around them) suffer because of it.  

Or, some people think they can stop taking their meds because the meds work and the person thinks they are "cured".
    They aren't cured.  The meds have balanced out their mental issue - which comes back as soon as they stop taking the meds, but the person doesn't recognize their own mental illness - to the detriment of themselves and those around them.
      March 1, 2022 7:12 AM MST

I am fine at long as the people consent without being coerced.   The phrasing  implies coercion to me. 
      March 1, 2022 7:23 AM MST

Bear in mind that in medicine, compliance simply refers to following medical advice. Noncompliance can be intentional or unintentional. There would be appropriate uses for the technology, but I don't believe there is a conspiracy to force citizens to take unwanted drugs. We may disagree on the likelihood of this, but that's nothing new. :)
      March 1, 2022 11:36 AM MST

They are still trying to ensure compliance with covid vaccines.....through coercion not through informed consent.  

How long do you think  it will take for your insurance company to charge a person not willing to take their chip more for their premium?  Just like they do under COBRA to continue to cover your wife. (It is normally more than double to cover your spouse.....why because she could be pregnant.)

I still have an issue with saying it would "ensure" compliance.    How are they going to ensure you take it as prescribed?  

Of course we disagree.... Lol :) This post was edited by my2cents at March 1, 2022 12:50 PM MST
      March 1, 2022 12:23 PM MST

Is he an idiot?
      February 28, 2022 2:46 PM MST

He is the CEO of Pfizer he must have some intelligence.  
      February 28, 2022 5:31 PM MST

That video is from 2018 and describes a chip to track whether meds have been taken so that providers can know if they are working. The example he gives is making sure that patients are actually taking prescribed drugs for schizophrenia. I have mixed feelings about it. I would hope that patients would have to be informed and give their consent. This post was edited by Jane S at March 1, 2022 3:38 PM MST
      February 28, 2022 3:02 PM MST

The CEO said to "ensure compliance"....not to test effectiveness.  
      February 28, 2022 5:33 PM MST

He said both. As I said, they wanted to know if the patient is taking the med (i.e. ensure compliance) so that they can judge if it's working. If they only have the patient's word for it, they could wrongly assume the meds don't work, when in fact the patient is not remembering if they took them or not.
    I know there has been speculation and concern that this technology could be misused and I share that concern.
      February 28, 2022 6:13 PM MST

You and I have a completely different take on the phrase "ensure compliance."   Not to measure if the patient is taking their meds appropriately.  
    Ensure compliance sounds like a much more forceful term....I am glad it concerns you as wwell.
      March 1, 2022 4:30 AM MST

You can't test effectiveness if the patient hasn't taken the medications.  
      February 28, 2022 7:11 PM MST

The CEO of Pfizer said it was "ensure compliance."
      March 1, 2022 4:27 AM MST

Compliance that they're taking their meds.  Why can't you understand that?
      March 1, 2022 5:54 AM MST

Well is it "ensure compliance " or test the effectiveness?  

Personally, I do not think any other institution  should be "ensuring compliance " of another grown person or that person's children. We all have the right to make our own choices about our own healthcare. 

March 1, 2022 6:57 AM MST

Agreed.
      March 1, 2022 8:46 AM MST

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with your opinion about who should have that information or control of our healthcare.  I am explaining why they claim they want to do it.

You can't test the effectiveness of something unless you can verify that the medication is being taken as prescribed, so they are doing both. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at March 1, 2022 11:39 AM MST
      March 1, 2022 10:56 AM MST

Again, his quote says to ensure compliance not test the effectiveness.   Or even just make the the meds are being taking correctly. 

The way this man worded it matters...and as a CEO of a medical company, he knows it

March 1, 2022 11:41 AM MST

Well, your concern is a little late since the FDA approved this type of sensor for medications back in 2012

"FDA Approves Edible Electronic Pills That Sense When You Take Your Medication"

https://www.5gtechnologyworld.com/fda-approves-edible-electronic-pills-that-sense-when-you-take-your-medication/

And, again, in 2012

"FDA approves pill with sensor that digitally tracks if patients have ingested their medication"

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-pill-sensor-digitally-tracks-if-patients-have-ingested-their-medication

This post was edited by SpunkySenior at March 1, 2022 3:36 PM MST
      March 1, 2022 3:35 PM MST

Pfizer CEO said, "Maybe I will use an example. I think it is fascinating what is happening in this field right now. The FDA approved the first electronic pill, if I can call it that, it's basically a biological chip that is in the tablet and once you take the tablet it sends a signal that you took the tablet. Imagine the implications of that compliance. The insurance companies can know that the medicines that patients should take they do take them. It is fascinating what happens in this field."

He said exactly what I am talking about in my question.
     https://www.ibtimes.sg/pfizer-ceo-albert-bourla-admits-presence-biological-chip-vaccines-viral-video-fuels-61857

March 1, 2022 6:23 PM MST