Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » If a pair of pro-lifers had a 13 year old who was raped and impregnated, do you think they would change their minds? Would you?

If a pair of pro-lifers had a 13 year old who was raped and impregnated, do you think they would change their minds? Would you?

Posted - July 14, 2022

Responses

As a prolifer, no it would not change my mind. 

The child should not be murdered for the sins of the father. 

The  DNA of the baby is also evidence for conviction of the rapist and/or child molester. 

Less than 3% of abortions are for rape/incest/life of Mother. 

Life of Mother is never necessary.   As any viable  pregnancy can be removed with the intent to save the child rather than to kill it.   (Tubal pregnancies are not viable and are not abortions...it is a miscarriage) 

July 14, 2022 7:00 AM MDT

There are some who  think it is better to continue to victimize and traumatize a child rather than re-examine their beliefs. My beliefs would not need to change. 
      July 14, 2022 9:13 AM MDT

I would hope that they would have enough care, love and compassion for at least, the very least, their own child to not insist they endure the the added trauma of continuing with the pregnancy. How someone thinks it is rational/ even remotely ok to preach about wanting to protect a fetus but have no concern for the physical and mental trauma, the life/ quality of future life of a thirteen year old child makes absolutely no sense to me. 

July 14, 2022 12:17 PM MDT