Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Do you know what a meridian wash is? I have to memorize 12 of them by tomorrow. I hate Shiatsu right now.

Do you know what a meridian wash is? I have to memorize 12 of them by tomorrow. I hate Shiatsu right now.

Posted - November 8, 2016

Responses

• I had to look this one up.   All Meridian Wash gives me is a car wash chain.
    I assume it's some crystal grabbing hippie stuff.
      November 8, 2016 11:33 AM MST

??? Why???

Why would you look it up when I posted the information right above your head?  There is plenty on it right next to the video on youtube in the selection boxes on the right too.  BUT, that said? I totally appreciate your taking the time. 

It has zero to do with hippies.  Hippies would not understand this.   No one would. 

Only the Chinese could come up with this.  It is ancient and it is a very respected study and as much as I would LOVE TO BASH IT, it actually works. 
    Chinese Medicine is the most difficult of all the medicines.  It is one of the most ancient and they are very logical in their approach.  BUT?  Their logic is not OUR logic at ALL. 

(This def. below says JAPANESE but they stole it from the Chinese.  )

shi·at·su.[SHēˈätˌso͞o]
    NOUN
    1.a form of therapy of Japanese origin based on the same principles as acupuncture, in which pressure is applied to certain points on the body using the hand

It is definitely weird, but when I am finished?  You don't want to get off the table or floor.  It is so relaxing you cannot move.  So something is going on.  My teacher was working on this guy's back in class?  Jonah, who is about 22 years old and works for Federal Express lifting packages.  So she works on his back, barely touching him, and she starts perspiring heavily and this is a little woman who never sweats as far as I ever noticed.  Only her forhead.  Weird. 

She said heat was pouring out of his erectors on his back and she could energetically feel this happening.  Now, to me?  His muscles were tight and ropey and I would have worked on them physically and kneaded and stretched them out because I don't know Shiatsu techniques at all yet.

But this instructor lightly touched him and water poured forth through him and out her forehead.  (she is NO hippie, either) She is a Shiatsu instructor and has been for 30 years or more.  When I asked her what she was DOING?   She said that she was tracing his urinary bladder meridian (don't ask me why) and she felt heat all up and down this area. 

So, she traced it and voila!

Another girl burst out crying on the table.   She was totally shocked when it happened too.  Had no idea why.  The instructor pointed out where she was being worked on.  Apparently that area has to do with deep anger issues or something.

I personally, felt nothing at all so far.  But I had a student who didn't know how to do this very well yet.  So, we were both in the dark. 

However, I was sick to my stomach several weeks ago and needed to go home immediately.  I went up to this same instructor  and when I told her I was leaving, she said.  WAIT.  WAIT A MINUTE.

She did something to me.  I have no idea what.  But in a few minutes of her standing in front of me, I was not sick at all.  I did not get sick later either.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 8, 2016 11:54 AM MST
      November 8, 2016 11:38 AM MST

• Youtube has been running like chit lately and your video wouldn't play correctly for me.
    I'm teasing you. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 8, 2016 11:52 AM MST
      November 8, 2016 11:51 AM MST

You are also not waiting for me to finish.  I am still typing.  Yes, I can be very tedious when I get into the school blabbing.

Sorry.
      November 8, 2016 11:55 AM MST