Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Why have Dems in Washington at all? Let the Republicans run everything. Give 'em 4 years of having everything their way. Whaddya say?

Why have Dems in Washington at all? Let the Republicans run everything. Give 'em 4 years of having everything their way. Whaddya say?

I mean c'mon folks. The Republicans will own the presidency and have the majority in the senate and the house. What are the dems gonna do since everything will be in control of the Republicans? Seems to me to be a waste of their time. They can have a 4year hiatus. Do other things. More important things than sit on their a**es watching the Republicans screw everything up. They will come back refreshed/revitalized and raring to go. By then the country will have come to regret what they did that terrible day in 2016. Or not. Who knows?

Posted - November 9, 2016

Responses

They'll get tired of the republicans and turn back to the democrats. I seems to be a never ending cycle.
      November 9, 2016 8:32 AM MST

• Yeah. There will be the dreaded "midterm" elections that could turn things the other way. But a recession/depression is on the way. Democrats seem to set them up, and Republicans bring them to fruition.
      November 9, 2016 9:44 AM MST

• " Democrats seem to set them up, and Republicans bring them to fruition.  "

noooo!!!  Really?????
      November 9, 2016 9:46 AM MST

• Hey, I'm just making stuff up here. I don't even have a cyber security degree.
      November 9, 2016 9:49 AM MST

• You would have made a powerful candidate for the election then. 
      November 9, 2016 9:59 AM MST

• The silver lining is the President still needs the House and Senate support and Trump will not likely have much of that from either side.

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."

JOHN ADAMS

"The bosses of the Democratic party and the bosses of the Republican party alike have a closer grip than ever before on the party machines in the States and in the Nation. This crooked control of both the old parties by the beneficiaries of political and business privilege renders it hopeless to expect any far-reaching and fundamental service from either."

THEODORE ROOSEVELT

"Much indeed to be regretted, party disputes are now carried to such a length, and truth is so enveloped in mist and false representation, that it is extremely difficult to know through what channel to seek it. This difficulty to one, who is of no party, and whose sole wish is to pursue with undeviating steps a path which would lead this country to respectability, wealth, and happiness, is exceedingly to be lamented. But such, for wise purposes, it is presumed, is the turbulence of human passions in party disputes, when victory more than truth is the palm contended for."

GEORGE WASHINGTON This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 9, 2016 9:21 AM MST
      November 9, 2016 9:14 AM MST