Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Arts » How to I get into real small details without wasting the pastels?

How to I get into real small details without wasting the pastels?

I colored with rounded oil pastel sticks, & I was sharpening the oil pastels to get in much smaller details on paper, but that will take much of the pastels off, any other ideas to get in just very little details and save much of the pastels?

Posted - September 27, 2023

Responses

Colored pencils, or rub the pastels onto a very fine brush, or; try muted eyeshadow, it should have a similar look when applied, using a very fine brush for the details. I searched oil pastel pencils and found these on Amazon.  

This post was edited by . at September 28, 2023 4:42 AM MDT
      September 27, 2023 9:01 PM MDT

For the oil pastels, I used paint brush & water, it won't melt or pick-up any pastels, & I tried wooden toothpick, it won't pick-up much or any chunk of pastels/that I shaved-off from a knife.
    I maybe should've mentioned this too, I was using fluorescent oil pastels, do you know or can find any fluorescent oil pastel pencils too? Need green, yellow & red of florescence of these.
      September 28, 2023 9:21 AM MDT

It would be great if I find something that forms the pastel pieces where it gets/colors in just really small details just from my own pastels(?)
      September 28, 2023 7:28 PM MDT

I searched with the 'very fine brush' (Don't know about if that do good with, or do I wet the find brush & dip that in a oil pastel piece?) from Google, shows-up with 'Artist's pin point', don't know about if these can help any with, I tried toothpick on my (shaved) pastel pieces-& that don't do much good to me (at all), I want the pastels to be made just about exactly the same pastel materials as the ones that I'm coloring on my paper. (Oil Pastels-rounded stick of them), I will show you the paper/picture of that, & to show you what I'm getting to on my drawing paper. 
      September 28, 2023 6:39 AM MDT

Will answer this tomorrow, I'm really tired now, had a very long day. 
      September 28, 2023 8:10 PM MDT

September 29, 2023 3:56 AM MDT

Is that all fluorescent pastels?
    I have the oil pastels about these size, & I have some fluorescent pastels.
      September 29, 2023 6:20 AM MDT