Active Now

Randy D
CosmicWunderkind
Honey Dew
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Sports » Anyone else think Shannon Briggs needs to wear a straight jacket and take heavy psychotic meds

Anyone else think Shannon Briggs needs to wear a straight jacket and take heavy psychotic meds

Too many blows to the head maybe?

Posted - July 3, 2016

Responses

He does not appear to be a danger to himself or others. Why should he be forced to undergo severe psychiatric treatment?

July 3, 2016 10:05 PM MDT

OS, all you have to do is Google him +stalking and you'll see why. You'll see plenty of evidence of security people having to physically hold him back while he screamed and lunged and tried to disrupt the events other boxers were attending. You'll see him harassing people, tearing his shirt off and yelling "let's go champ" every other sentence like he was a certifiable lunatic. Also, check out the video showing briggs in a motor boat harassing Wladimir and knocking him off the paddle board he was standing on. Watch a few of those vids and it will be quite evident how disturbed he is and that he's a loose cannon. I think all those punches to the head scrambled his brain. Personally I don't think it's just a publicity stunt, I think he has been severely damaged.
      July 3, 2016 11:36 PM MDT

@PC -- I stand corrected. I was not aware of some of Mr. Briggs more outrageous behavior. However, as near as I can tell, he behaves that way in an effort to induce other boxers to agree to fight him in the boxing ring for money. Perhaps he is "crazy" in the same way Donald Trump is "crazy" in running for President.

July 3, 2016 11:47 PM MDT

He's at that stage of his career where he needs to put himself out there to get the biggest fights he can. It is working as well. He'll fight David Haye in September or October and he'll make a few million for getting knocked out.

He probably does have a mental illness, yeah. But most of the outrageous stuff is done for the camera to make money. And he's made some big bucks too. He is, after all, the former two-time world champion who retired George Foreman.
      July 4, 2016 12:02 AM MDT

OS, like I said, I don't know if it's for publicity, but I wouldn't think anyone would want to behave in that manner even for attention. It makes him appear like a (rich) moron and a dangerous one at that. . It reminds me of some of the behavior Mike Tyson exhibits and how HE makes himself look (rich) & ignorant by his actions as well as the way he speaks.
      July 4, 2016 2:03 AM MDT

righty1, I won't deny he's made money at it.  Some of the most obnoxious people are some of the richest.  Thank you for your take on this.  

July 4, 2016 5:46 AM MDT