Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » How important is being of good character, having honor and integrity to you? Shouldn't it be 24/7 rather than only when it's expedient?

How important is being of good character, having honor and integrity to you? Shouldn't it be 24/7 rather than only when it's expedient?

Posted - November 13, 2016

Responses

• Depends on what were talking about.  I really don't care about the moral leanings of my plumber, I just want my pipes fixed.  On the other hand I wouldn't like to see my pastor downtown in a corner pushing a prostitute around.
      November 13, 2016 8:52 AM MST

You don't? So your plumber jerks you around, overcharges you badly and then leaves having done a lousy job because of his lousy moral character.  He won't repair,replace or repay you. You just got shafted because you didn't care enough to check up on his character/reputation/other peoples' experiences.Would you like to answer this again bearing in mind what I just told you? Moral character counts in every situation. Whether it affects you directly or not. I am surprised that you would not realize that Lago. I guess your world and mine are quite different. There is an internet site called homeadvisor.com to which I go and read up on all the local repair folks in the area to see what others have experienced.  The ones I called have never disappointed me or stiffed me or caused me to regret my choice. I have no idea how you choose but clearly it is not how I choose.  Thank you for your reply.
      November 14, 2016 6:13 AM MST