Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » Do you remember how good times were when Jimmy Carter was President of the United States of America?

Do you remember how good times were when Jimmy Carter was President of the United States of America?

I don't know how such a man could stand for Chelsea's mom, party dedication I guess.

Posted - November 15, 2016

Responses

I do remember double digit interest rates on home loans and high taxes with nothing to show for it.
    I remember the hostages and him leaving our troops in the desert of Iran.
    A stagnant economy.

The only positive I remember about Carter was Three Mile Island. He was the man for the job on that crisis. He actually was a nuclear engineer and understood what was needed to be done.
      November 15, 2016 2:24 PM MST

I was born the day he was elected. It's a shame that Nixon had to leave office and leave Ford in charge, it seemed like justice at the time, but now apparently you can commit any crime and run for president.
      November 15, 2016 2:27 PM MST

I was drunk most of the time. 
      November 15, 2016 2:52 PM MST

It wasn't  all roses.  What I remember is 20% mortgage rates and I was selling houses at the time.  Thank God my paycheck wasn't important as far as survival.  I was learning the family business while I took a two year maternity break from my own career.  Then there was the hostage crisis which I remember.  The day that happened I remember the woman who watched my child and a few others being very upset because parents of the two Iranian kids had picked up their children in the middle of the day and told her they most likely would not return.  We found out later that many Iranians here walked away from their homes and lives  and left straight away.   I never thought too much of Carter but from what I've heard from some the draft dodgers think he was the greatest since he pardoned them.  
      November 15, 2016 3:55 PM MST

I thought maybe you'd catch the sarcasm here. I do like Jimmy Carter as a person from what I've seen and read, you know how these Southern Democrats are, you gotta love 'em even if they ain't quite right.
      November 15, 2016 4:00 PM MST

• I don't remember him at all 
      November 16, 2016 12:04 AM MST