Active Now

my2cents
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What's next?

What's next?

Trump had the audacity to have a private dinner with his wife. Will he now ban the press from following him into the toilet? How disgraceful can one person be?  

Posted - November 16, 2016

Responses

Hello Karen:

This is simple..  Trump HAS privacy IN his residence..  But, once he emerges into the public, he has NONE.  That would be NONE, and that's the way it SHOULD be.

excon This post was edited by excon at November 16, 2016 9:53 AM MST
      November 16, 2016 8:39 AM MST

• I don't see how him wanting to eat dinner in private is a bad thing. If it was something important, yeah, I could get on board with that. I mean, what were they going to do, comment on which utensil he used to eat with, does he chew on the left or right side, did he burp at the table? What?
      November 16, 2016 8:50 AM MST

Hello again, Karen:

They're NOT there to comment on the menu..  They ARE there to report if something BAD happens..  I'm gonna want DETAILS.  You will too. 

There's no law that says he can't ditch the press.  However, concern for the American people would dictate that he follows protocall.

excon
    This post was edited by excon at November 16, 2016 9:32 AM MST
      November 16, 2016 9:12 AM MST

• I just can't get riled up over him having dinner. If something were to happen, you know the restaurant staff would be happy to talk about it. It was a public place and there were no secret meetings, nothing covert going on. It was just dinner. Is he supposed to have the press with him at every given moment? Is it really that Earth shattering that he wanted to have dinner without cameras all up on him? I understand that he is now more of a public figure than he used to be, but, for goodness sake, it was just dinner. Please explain how news coverage of him having dinner is a concern for the People. 
      November 16, 2016 9:21 AM MST

Hello again, Karen:

As I said, HAVING dinner isn't news.  CHOKING on a piece of meat IS news.  An ATTEMPT on his life IS news. 

But, I think you're confused about the reportage..  Protocol calls for a pool reporter.  It's ONE crew with ONE camera, and it WON'T be hovering over Trumps shoulder, because they're NOT there to report on the menu..  It's NOT intrusive, and it shouldn't be...

They're there for one reason, and one reason ONLY..  And that's to report if something bad happens..  If there's an attempt on his life, I DON'T want the head reporter to BE a waiter.. 

Trump is NOT a private person anymore... If he wants privacy, he shouldn't have run for the job of the most powerful person in the world. 

excon This post was edited by excon at November 16, 2016 10:37 AM MST
      November 16, 2016 9:56 AM MST

• Obama did it too, are you as upset over this?
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/conspiracy-theories-abound-after-obama-ditches-the-press/
      November 16, 2016 10:38 AM MST

Hello again, Karen:

Of course.  I'm an American before I'm a partisan..

excon

PS>  Remind me sometime to tell you things I DIDN'T like about Obama.
      November 16, 2016 10:47 AM MST

• Same here excon. There are a things I like and don't like about Obama. Some of his changes were not the best for America. As for Trump, there are a lot of things I don't like about him as well as some that I do. What I don't like is people losing their minds over the small stuff. There are a LOT more important things going on than him ditching the press just to have dinner. I'm not a big Trump supporter, but some of his promised policies I do like. I like that he wants to bring jobs back to America, I like that he wants tighter security on our boarders, I like that he isn't a career politician.  I don't like all the chaos from the aftermath of him getting elected. A lot of of it is false or construed information and all it's doing is feeding fuel to the fire. I don't think we should just roll over and play dead, but we don't need to don battle gear until it's time. Spreading false or half information is not the way to handle things right now. We may be in for a very bumpy four years and need to conserve our energy for when it's time to take a real stand. Getting bent out of shape because he had dinner is a waste of energy. Obama ditched the press when was president. Bill even ditched his secret service to take a plane ride, several times. People need to get their sh*t together and stop going all caterwonky over trivial things. We have more important issues to be concerned about. You can't compare a paper cut to a finger amputation (although the paper cut would probably be more painful). 
      November 16, 2016 11:11 AM MST

ex I do find it ironic that THIS is in the press.  Donald is not courting the press for one second of his life and everyone thinks this is news.  I also find it ironic that  Donald  Press Whore, who welcomes the press at every turn, decided against them coming to dinner last night.   I guess even he needs to be only in the company of intimate groups who still will slather total attention upon him.

I just saw a film where Marla Maples talks about how she divorced him because she could not handle the press and the needy, money-grubbing bankers hounding him when he went bankrupt over and over at the same time.

Maybe his current Ho bag likes this roller coaster ride better.   Or maybe she is thinking like Marla did. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 16, 2016 9:27 AM MST
      November 16, 2016 9:24 AM MST

November 16, 2016 8:53 AM MST