Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Black hats were bad guys. White hats were good guys. Why does color matter? Who decided which color was "bad" and which was "good"?

Black hats were bad guys. White hats were good guys. Why does color matter? Who decided which color was "bad" and which was "good"?

Posted - November 18, 2016

Responses

• It stems from religion ..   god  separated  light from  darkness  on the very  first  day  and proclaimed  himself  as the   light  .  
     hence   "bad stuff"  is deemed   dark  " . and things they want you to deem as  bad are  described as dark. 

November 18, 2016 3:16 AM MST

You just knocked my socks off TAW! This from you? Seriously? Well thank you m'dear for the info. I had no  idea. You do. You never cease to amaze me! Keep up the good work my friend. It's a dam* good thing I was sitting down though!  Happy Friday ((hugs))
      November 18, 2016 5:12 AM MST

• i should have added  " as the story  goes  "   ;-)

November 18, 2016 3:21 PM MST

It comes from the Bible which often refers to good as light and bad as dark/darkness.

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”"

John 8:12 ESV

But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until full day."

Proverbs 4:18 ESV

This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all."

1 John 1:5 ESV

There are many more verses but these get the point across. 

November 18, 2016 5:25 AM MST