Active Now

Randy D
my2cents
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » It's that time of year...

It's that time of year...

Scary Solstice. Rejoice my fellow heathens! Our time is here once again!

Posted - November 18, 2016

Responses

Blessed Be, HVVENZIA.   I haven't listened to this yet it just said Winter Solstice so I grabbed it.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 18, 2016 10:49 PM MST
      November 18, 2016 10:47 PM MST

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn." 
      November 18, 2016 10:49 PM MST

What the hell is that?  It sounds Satanic.  You ain't one of them there Satan lovers are ye?  Oh wait, if memory serves me right, that is Celtic.  Sorry. I forgot they speak like that. 

Not satanic.  LOL

Tuatha Dé Danann

The Tuath(a) Dé Danann (usually translated as "people(s)/tribe(s) of the goddess Danu"), also known by the earlier name Tuath Dé ("tribe of the gods"), are a race of supernaturally-gifted people in Irish mythology. They are thought to represent the main deities of pre-Christian Gaelic Ireland This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 19, 2016 3:44 AM MST
      November 18, 2016 11:01 PM MST

Well, I don't believe in Satan, but I do admire the fellow. And I feel that he is one of the most misunderstood characters in all of myth/folklore/literature/religion.

But all that aside, that language is not Celtic. It's a fictitious language from the Cthulhu Mythos of horror author H.P. Lovecraft.
      November 19, 2016 3:48 AM MST

• I don't believe in any religion either, though do practise Vipassana meditation and Şīla.

I think the concept of Satan is an interesting one.
    Why would an omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, and intrinsically good entity create an angel so arrogant that he would seek to compete to be equally omnipotent?
    And why would it be a bad thing for humans to have knowledge of good and evil? Would it really have been better for the first couple to be immortal and childless and live amorally like animals?

Hmm, on second thoughts, considering what humans have done to the planet and other species - perhaps it would have been better after all... :/

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 19, 2016 6:43 PM MST
      November 19, 2016 4:26 PM MST

• I love celebrating the solstices and equinoxes, usually by making cups of tea and going outside with Ari an hour before dawn to sit in chairs and watch the sun rise.
    Friends hold local celebrations at sunset with dances, jam sessions and labyrinth spirals of flowers and candles.
    Image result for sunrise over Wollumbin
      November 19, 2016 1:21 AM MST