Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Finance » There's no leverage in being poor. Being rich is all leverage. How often does money buy freedom? When did poor buy anything?

There's no leverage in being poor. Being rich is all leverage. How often does money buy freedom? When did poor buy anything?

Posted - November 27, 2016

Responses

Poor buys sympathy and invites "Activism".
      November 27, 2016 9:00 AM MST

Only very rarely O.  Only very rarely. Mostly it invites contempt/disdain/indifference. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      November 28, 2016 3:26 AM MST

• I have never wished poverty only one, but I wish it upon you. I'm sure your views on activism may tend to change.
      November 28, 2016 6:24 PM MST

The Democrats love poor people because they vote democrat by false promises.
      November 27, 2016 3:03 PM MST

You could substitute the word "Republican" in the above sentence and it would be just as valid.

The two major political parties make false promises (e.g. "We'll bring those manufacturing jobs back") to different segments of the poor population.
      November 27, 2016 3:18 PM MST

Thank you for your reply Tom and Happy Monday.  So you know ALL the Democrats there are and you know whom we love and whom we don't? You are a veritable fount of perspicacity. You ought to bottle it and sell it! :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 28, 2016 3:30 AM MST
      November 28, 2016 3:28 AM MST

I buy small coffees from McDonalds instead of medium coffees and save a few dollars every month. It's nice.
      November 27, 2016 3:08 PM MST

hi bromide.  I didn't check either.  I just know this is you.  This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 27, 2016 3:28 PM MST
      November 27, 2016 3:27 PM MST

Thank you for your reply.  This is the second answer you've given that mentions McDonald's. I guess you're a good customer. That's nice B! :)
      November 28, 2016 3:31 AM MST

Being poor is as valuable a tool as being wealthy.   The rich tend to get attached to things and then get bored and then need more and then get bored and then need more?

The poor appreciate.   Without gratitude, what do you have?    Money that buys empty, void-of-appreciative feeling stuff, is not satisfying anything.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 28, 2016 3:31 AM MST
      November 27, 2016 3:22 PM MST

• So the value is gratitude?
      November 27, 2016 3:26 PM MST

We are all about how we feel.   Not JUST that is needed, but it is a huge piece of the puzzle of how to feel balanced and right with the Universe.  If you seriously think about anything that you normally take for granted, like say,  being able to breathe air freely; how much control you have of your well-being simply by drawing breath a certain way versus unconsciously sucking in and blowing out air.  We become aware of all the things we can do with air to improve our quality of life, for example.  If I appreciate air, I will want to have an ability to slow down my thoughts by breathing slowly.  I will be able to improve my contact with my higher self, for instance by proper breathing.  The possibilities are endless if you are open to them and being grateful, is a good beginning.  If you don't at least appreciate and be generally grateful, there is not to much that is going to push you to explore this idea further. 

We have medicine in our air management capabilities.  If we sit down and slowly draw breath in and relax, it is a great soother for the body on many levels.  The mind relaxes, the muscles relax, we feel better.

So, just thinking about that brings a sort of gratitude to mind that I have that awareness of that power versus someone who needs to take a pill to calm down.   We have power.  I am grateful for that. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 27, 2016 3:38 PM MST
      November 27, 2016 3:31 PM MST

• You have more power than I, Sharonna. I'll take your words and listen to them. Thank you, honestly.
      November 27, 2016 3:36 PM MST

If you listen, then you are open to the power you see in me.  Ever consider that?   Take it. It is all YOURS after all.
      November 27, 2016 3:40 PM MST

Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      November 28, 2016 3:32 AM MST

You too.  Happy Mon.
      November 28, 2016 10:36 AM MST