Active Now

Zack
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Hi I see a lot of ADs as I scroll down? Am I on the right page?

Hi I see a lot of ADs as I scroll down? Am I on the right page?

Posted - December 2, 2016

Responses

• Jan !!!! hi :) I don't see any adds but I'm on mobile :) I keep getting pop up messages though and I can't make them stop but I'll Suss it .. Or throw my bloody phone at the wall ;p 
      December 2, 2016 7:38 PM MST

• I see ads all over the place and they really slow the site down. I'm not complaining though, the ads pay for the site.
      December 2, 2016 7:41 PM MST

*whispers* The site slows the site down. We did a full redesign and migrated in September. This one wasn't ready yet, but the other one had worse issues, so we jumped ship early. This one still has a few issues to iron out and then after we get those fixed, we'll make it work faster. Right now, the site has to look in a lot of different places for code, so it goes to all those places, but it makes it sluggish. After we finish the remaining glitch fixes, we'll combine those codes so the site only has to check one spot. It's a pain in the butt, but speed has to be the last thing we fix. The ads load in the background while the site loads and come up at once- they're optimized to not cause delays. I did put a bunch up on the home page because there was nothing left to fill the empty space on the side columns with... I may change it up again because I don't want the site to be spammy, but I really don't have anything else left to put there that's of benefit right now. The only alternative is blank space or shortening the feed so the page isn't as long. 
      December 2, 2016 8:08 PM MST

• I was just making sure I was answering and scrolling on the correct page
     Thank you 
      December 3, 2016 1:25 AM MST

• In short there the bits that make it all possible
      December 2, 2016 9:40 PM MST