Active Now

Element 99
Zack
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Once again all notifications have disappeared. I have one that I received 46 minutes ago. Those that were there yesterday are all gone. WHY?

Once again all notifications have disappeared. I have one that I received 46 minutes ago. Those that were there yesterday are all gone. WHY?

So what's the deal? Is there a time limit and if you don't respond within a couple of days they vanish never to be retrieved? Is that a glitch or purposeful? Who else is experiencing this?

Posted - December 4, 2016

Responses

Same day as last week, Rosie. I gather there is a reset around this time. It means all my notifications during my nights sleep are gone. It's a stress to catch up other ways but seems being what my Sunday mornings will be like. Oomph.
      December 4, 2016 3:42 AM MST

What "other ways" are there  SH? I just asked another question explaining the limitations of my email alert system. For some bizarre reason it lets "likes" through and I can click on that to get back to you. But your answer?  My email system blocks most of them because it thinks they are spam. On occasion a rare email alert will be for an answer and it gets through. I am  so confused. You know I ask a lot of questions. I'm left hanging and so are the kind folks who answer them. So it happens weekly then on Saturday night? Such a delight! Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday!  I asked a question which is really an apology to everyone.This is a revoltin' development. :( This post was edited by RosieG at December 4, 2016 4:01 AM MST
      December 4, 2016 3:49 AM MST

Dear Rosie, in you're case it's "only" checking your list of questions asked. Only in exclamations as I know it's still some work but at least you won't have to check up on questions of others you have been taking part inside.

I'd go to My dashboard and look up my questions from the last page and backwards. As I see them they are ranked in last comment added. Link for the dashboard: http://answermug.com/forum/dashboard/my-topics
      December 4, 2016 4:02 AM MST

Thanks for the link my friend. Now where is "My dashboard"? I guess I still don't know how Answermug works. I'll click on this link and see what happens. Geez  it seems odd that we have to work so hard for something that used to be so simple. Progress! :( ((hugs))
      December 4, 2016 4:06 AM MST

I don't think it was any simpler on the old platform, it's just slightly different here. :-)

The link should take you to your dashboard. As said you will likely have to got to the very last page in order to see the latest responses on your questions. In the grey bar below the question you can see last response date/time and who made the reply. I hope it can help you just a little, Rosie. Happy Sunday dear. :-)
      December 4, 2016 4:10 AM MST

You are ALWAYS helpful my friend. I appreciate your constantly trying to inform me about stuff I clearly don't know So since it seems the notifications disappear weekly do you work very hard to respond to them before Saturday night? How do YOU handle it? As you've undoubtedly noticed I ask a lot of questions back to back to back to back and then when the onslaught lessens I try to respond to some of the replies. As a result the replies stack up. I'm gonna try to change how I do it. I guess  I'll just write down the questions and try to space out asking them in-between replying to the responses. As it is right now one question generates another generates another generates another. AARRGGHH! Happy Monday SH! :) ((hugs)) This post was edited by RosieG at December 5, 2016 2:52 AM MST
      December 5, 2016 2:38 AM MST

I am aware Rosie, about how your questions pop up and how you go on with them replying on them. We each have our ways/methods. 

Unfortunately i cannot work a way around to make the missing notifications any less. I do always make sure I'm through with them before I go to sleep. But I live in another part of the world and over night there's a lot of activity from the American part of the site. This morning I had 80+ notifications waiting for me.

Even checking my notifications one might slip in between, which I see why I anyway will check my dash board every now and then.

Happy Monday Rosie. Hugs back at ya!
      December 5, 2016 2:52 AM MST

I can see that I'm not the only one with problems m'dear. We do the best can. Thank you for your thoughtful and helpful reply SH and Happy Wednesday! :):):)
      December 7, 2016 12:29 PM MST

You're welcome. Happy Wednesday to you too, Rosie. :-)
      December 7, 2016 12:33 PM MST

:):):)
      December 8, 2016 2:56 AM MST