Active Now

Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Time takes a toll on the body as we age . Everyone pays in different ways. How much have YOU shrunk?

Time takes a toll on the body as we age . Everyone pays in different ways. How much have YOU shrunk?

Posted - December 5, 2016

Responses

It is TIME but also cells making copies of bad copies, compiling error, creating dysfunction until cells cease to function. Exercise can compensate and replace loss of bone mass with muscle tissue to not shrink body wise, but perhaps grow. This post was edited by O-uknow at December 5, 2016 5:09 AM MST
      December 5, 2016 5:05 AM MST

• At 60, the cartilage in my spine is just about to start ossifying and shrinking - so haven't lost any height yet.
    I'm 5'6."
    I expect to easily reach 80 and to have shrunk by 1-2 inches by then.
      December 5, 2016 5:19 AM MST

Genetically my mother's family shrinks. All of my aunts and uncles did. I have lost 2 inches inches the last ten years.
      December 5, 2016 7:15 AM MST

I've lost 1.5-2 inches in height in the past ten years.  I should look like a garden gnome in no time.
      December 5, 2016 10:07 AM MST

I think I've had the opposite problem as I've aged...;-D...

This post was edited by OldSchoolTheSKOSlives at December 5, 2016 11:06 AM MST
      December 5, 2016 11:05 AM MST

Don't get me started on this one.  I look like the dog's dinner this year.  The difference between me and the rest of the world is I know something.  I have super regenerative powers and when I need to, I can change the face of anything that is causing age issues.  Wrinkles do not have to take over, atrophy in the musculature does not have to happen.  Eat right and exercise.  It works wonders. 

Drink water and don't stress.  That is the key to youth.  Not being 20.  When I was 20, some days I looked like I died a year ago, and when I was 60 people didn't believe I was 60.  So, it has more to do with health and radiance than grey hair and a cane. 

Here is a friend of my friends, Phyllis Crystal at age 99.  She is just one living example of what I mean.  She is not some goddess, but she looks amazing for her age.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 5, 2016 11:14 AM MST
      December 5, 2016 11:12 AM MST

One full inch.
      December 5, 2016 12:16 PM MST