Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Do you support the Freedom of Information Act? Signed by LBJ July 4, 1966 and effective July 5, 1967. Do citizens have a right know? Why?

Do you support the Freedom of Information Act? Signed by LBJ July 4, 1966 and effective July 5, 1967. Do citizens have a right know? Why?

Posted - December 6, 2016

Responses

• Why yes, yes I do.   Should I not?
      December 6, 2016 3:38 AM MST

PET dislikes the media Glis. He dislikes being questioned. He plans to have everything Obama reversed. How far back will he go to reverse what is? I think he'd like to get rid of the Freedom of Information Act. If he thinks about it he probably will. I believe he would like to EXPAND  Eminent Domain and might do that do too.As for whether you "should"? That is not my call. It's yours completely and entirely. Do you want PET to repeal the  FOIA  or leave it alone? Why?
      December 6, 2016 6:18 AM MST

• Why?  Well because I believe the government belongs to us and should be under our thumb and not vice versa.   Government owes us explanations, we don't owe it explanations.  While I highly value privacy and independence I also believe a person gives that all up while they are in an elected position to represent the people.   As long as you hold that office you chose to take,  we own you.
      December 6, 2016 6:22 AM MST