Active Now

Element 99
Shuhak
Danilo_G
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » "Ignorance is bliss" we are told. Some folks seem to get all their bliss from that source. Where does YOUR bliss come from? Why?

"Ignorance is bliss" we are told. Some folks seem to get all their bliss from that source. Where does YOUR bliss come from? Why?

Posted - December 6, 2016

Responses

• Nature--- flora and fauna. Why? I just absolutely love it so, and always have, is all.

How about YOUR bliss?
      December 6, 2016 8:41 PM MST

Feeding my curiosity which is insatiable JimmyC. I have always been super duper curious and my bliss occurs on places like Answermug when I can ask questions and chat with folks who have answers/opinions. It's why I show up here every day.  I find my bliss in learning about things I did not know. It helps me to understand things that puzzle me, perplex me, confuse me. Did I answer your question? Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday. I like nature too. Flower gardens, vegetable gardens.  I love kittens and puppies. I'm not too fond of fauna that are dangerous/destructive/deadly.                        
      December 7, 2016 3:37 AM MST

• Well, good for you! Yo sure did answer my question, thank you. 
    You're welcome. Thank you, and happy Wednesday to you, too. 
    Nature's awesome.
      December 7, 2016 11:25 AM MST

I totally agree with thee. Nature is AWESOME. The most awesome thing I have ever seen and it was sadly only second hand on TV was the Aurora Borealis...the Northern Lights. Have you ever seen them JimmyC? Thank you for your reply! :)
      December 7, 2016 12:20 PM MST

• I have. I'm probably further north than you. I have not seen them to the extent that I have online or t.v., though. Not even close. Have been mesmerized by them.  You're welcome. :)
      December 7, 2016 12:51 PM MST

I live in southern California m'dear. I know the Northern Lights are a product of nature/the weather/whatever.  There are also breathtakingly beautiful mountains in New Mexico and the beauty of the Grand Canyon in Arizona and the Rockies in Colorado and and and and and. There is sunset on the beach at Waikiki. There are rainbows and cloud formations and spectacular views of snow-covered mountains. There is so much in nature that is beyond magnificent. There are  the diamonds that sparkle on the water when the sun hits it...ocean/lake/river/stream.  It's good that you appreciate and enjoy all of it. Happy Thursday to thee JimmyC! :)
      December 8, 2016 2:37 AM MST

• Yes, you're much further south than I. 
    You are so right about all that beauty. Sounds like YOU appreciate the same kinds of things. 
    Thanks. Happy day to you, too.
      December 8, 2016 10:13 AM MST

I do indeed! You're welcome, thank you and Happy Sunday to thee JimmyCC!  :)
      December 11, 2016 5:53 AM MST

Well, it's been a while, but the source hasn't changed....;-D....

December 6, 2016 8:52 PM MST

No surfing lately? Why? Mahalo for your reply and the nifty photos OS and Happy Wednesday! :)
      December 7, 2016 3:38 AM MST

@RosieG -- Between being in California tending for my relatives, the sack of South Shore surf, and the crappy (by Hawaiian standards) weather we've had since I've been back, it just hasn't been worth going into the water.
      December 7, 2016 10:21 AM MST

Bummer! I hope it changes for you FAST! Mahalo for your reply OS! :)

December 7, 2016 12:21 PM MST

My cats and Netflix.
      December 7, 2016 12:57 PM MST

Our cat Tigger is a benevolent ruler. He runs things in our house. He was a stray who adopted us about 10 years ago. So I can relate to your bliss cat-wise. About Netflix I know nothing. Thank you for your reply B! :)
      December 8, 2016 2:55 AM MST