Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Is anyone else's computer messed up today?

Is anyone else's computer messed up today?

I cannot get on at all when I am on Microsoft Edge.

I can get on part of this site when I am on Google Chrome.  I don't know what this means, maybe you guys do? 

Posted - December 6, 2016

Responses

Microsoft edge is dumb and is not a browser we support. The site should work fully in Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, and a few other browsers, but Edge reads the site's code differently and messes it all up. 
      December 6, 2016 12:59 PM MST

Well, I have been on here with it since the beginning and believe it or not, it works better for me than the others.  I am on Google Chrome right now and cannot access the home page.  So, I cannot totally blame the browsers.  I am not blaming Answer Mug at all, I just want to know how I go about making this normal again.  Right now, it is anything but.  
      December 6, 2016 1:06 PM MST

That's odd. Can you describe what's happening more?
      December 6, 2016 1:09 PM MST

Sure.  When I was on Answer Bag this used to happen all the time.  

To a lot of people, not just me.   

I would log in and it would be impossible to operate.   The whole menu was cascaded down the left side in a two-inch margin.  The rest of the page was white.

I got on and managed to find a clear enough moment when I could log in and access.  Then, I tried to chat with Old School because he is good at figuring out computer glitches.  But when I tried to do that, I got frozen in the chat room and could not access anything but the chat room.

I rebooted my computer several times.  I might mention that this began when I just did a regular clear the browser.  You know, go on settings and clear the data that you don't need any longer?  I do that at least once a day on here.

Well, when I did that, this happened.  I doubt if that was the cause but it was the incident that started this mess. 

Hope this helps.   Oh and then I went to Google Chrome and I cannot see the home page.  I can see my alerts. I can ask questions. I cannot get on chat.  I have no pictures at all of any member just x's with black backgrounds.

December 6, 2016 1:17 PM MST

I'm going to PM you and hopefully we can get it sorted out.
      December 6, 2016 2:46 PM MST

JA, I just dowloaded Mozilla and it is working fine now.  I can't use Chrome and I can't use Microsoft Edge.  But this one works.  Aren't you worried you are losing a lot of people who can't get on here? 
      December 6, 2016 2:46 PM MST

Not really. I think you're dealing with a local issue, not an issue with the site. If it was the site, then the others here wouldn't have responded. Our traffic is the same as well. When we have a site issue, traffic drops, even if members don't report it.
      December 6, 2016 2:49 PM MST

• But, but, but  Edge is so much better and different than Explorer.   It's the bestest of the greatestest.  It's like Explorer with more Microsoft goodness.
    The whole world will see how wonderful it is and being using it once they all get a clue.   How do you not know that?
      December 6, 2016 2:10 PM MST

• Many sites have compatibility problems with Edge and Internet Explorer. Firefox works well with all. So does Chrome. You shouldn't have problems there.

Have you check a few other sites to see if they are showing similar problems? It might be your own connection that's at fault.
      December 6, 2016 2:03 PM MST

• Mine is running exceptionally well today.    I guess that bot I sent you is working as planned..;O
      December 6, 2016 2:44 PM MST

Mine is okay today, but was messed up yesterday.
      December 6, 2016 9:02 PM MST

Well there you have it. You're using Egde and even worse than that, you're using windoze.
      December 6, 2016 9:06 PM MST

• it works fine but i find that answermug  loads a bit slow- not unbearably slow (very tolerable in fact) but i think it has to do with the heaviness and bulkiness of the site, it could load slightly faster and smoother. maybe the owners of the site could tweek it.

-Google Chrome user. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 25, 2016 11:21 AM MST
      December 25, 2016 11:20 AM MST