Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Over 700 people have been shot and killed in just Chicago this year. Was it the Muslims?

Over 700 people have been shot and killed in just Chicago this year. Was it the Muslims?

Maybe the Democrats?

Posted - December 7, 2016

Responses

• Pretty sure it's gangs.  Chicago is a grimy and insane city.  I honestly don't know why anyone would go there.  It's always been really  bad.
      December 7, 2016 12:54 PM MST

The nice parts are nice.
      December 7, 2016 12:56 PM MST

Yes, there is that.
      December 7, 2016 1:02 PM MST

I've lived there for 40 years and it is one of the greatest cities around.  You are totally wrong here. 
      December 7, 2016 1:02 PM MST

Gangs.
    And guns are illegal there...
      December 7, 2016 1:14 PM MST

This question is ambiguous. Was it the Muslims who were shot, or was it the Muslims who did the shooting? Which do you mean?
      December 7, 2016 1:29 PM MST

I met many delegates from Chicago at a convention over the summer. they were delightful, sweet, and I couldn't have met a nicer more wonderful group of people. 
      December 12, 2016 11:41 PM MST

So what?

No, really. So what?

Every municipality in the United States has a non-zero crime rate. Chicago is a heavily-populated city (2.8 million people, according to the Internet).

Multiply a non-zero crime rate by 2.8 million people, and you're going to have a significant number of crimes.

However, on a PER CAPITA basis, Chicago doesn't even make the Top 30 cities (although Chicago Heights, IL,  East Chicago, IN, and Gary, IN do make the top 30).

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/top-lists/highest-murder-rate-cities/

You don't hear people saying, "OMG! I can't believe the crime in Pine Bluff, AR/Riviera Beach, FL/Chester, PA!"

Most of the whinging about crime in Chicago occurs because...

1) It's big
    2) Because it's big it receives media attention
    3) Its local politics has been dominated by STOOPED EBIL LIBRUHL COMMIE DEMOCRAPS
    4) It historically had fairly strict gun control laws (many of which have been repealed/overturned, and which are largely irrelevant since local level gun laws are easily circumvented).

December 13, 2016 12:24 AM MST