Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Business » Lebron James refuses to stay at a Trump Hotel when in town but the rest of the team is okay with it. Do you think Donnie's feelings hurt?

Lebron James refuses to stay at a Trump Hotel when in town but the rest of the team is okay with it. Do you think Donnie's feelings hurt?

Posted - December 7, 2016

Responses

• I doubt he cares one way or the other to be honest.  Why would he?
      December 7, 2016 12:52 PM MST

@Glis -- Because Der Pumpkinfuhrer is a petulant narcissist.

However, I think he's also acutely aware he can't win a cat-fight with LeBron James, so he (Donald)  hasn't Tweeted about it.
      December 7, 2016 1:49 PM MST

• Being a narcissist wouldn't make much difference.  In fact it would likely make him care even less.  Now if he was a histrionic, then it would likely bother him immensely.

Which is also a possibility.  There could be a good discussion as to whether he is a narcissist or a histrionic.   He's  for sure somewhere in that Cluster B.
      December 7, 2016 1:57 PM MST

Did you see the recent news about Der Pumpkinfuhrer tweeting about Boeing's new Air Force One planes being too expensive?

1) It was a lie. At present, Boeing only has a contract to explore what capabilities the next generation of AF1 may need.

2) It's irrelevant to Trump as the planes will not be built/paid for until the mid-2020s.

3) $4 billion is chump change as federal budget money goes.

But, for some reason, The Orange One made a big deal about it.

The two leading theories are...

1) The complaints caused Boeing stock to drop significantly, which would enable Trump and/or his cronies to buy shares at a discount.

2) There was a published article where a Boeing executive criticized The Donald, who decided to retaliate with the aformentioned stupidity.

Trying to explain Trump's behavior through the lens of rational self-interest is only occasionally fruitful....;-D....
      December 7, 2016 2:07 PM MST

• I did see that.   I feel you're trying to make a good point here I may be missing though.  One that relates more to our previous comments than just about Trump being manipulative.
      December 7, 2016 2:14 PM MST

@Glis -- Basically, my point boils down to Trump will tweet about Boeing or a beauty pageant contestant's alleged sex tape because he knows he can get away with it and may score some points with the public.

Trump CANNOT criticize LeBron James (one of the most popular athletes in the world) and hope to benefit from it. So he'll remain silent on that one.
      December 7, 2016 2:41 PM MST

Lebron just stays at his own hotel.
      December 7, 2016 2:21 PM MST