Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Transportation » Do you pick up hitch hikers? Why or why not.

Do you pick up hitch hikers? Why or why not.

Why!

Posted - July 5, 2016

Responses

I used to, when I would feel an unction from the Lord to do so. But that has not happened in a long time, and it will have to be really strong if I ever do it again.

July 5, 2016 11:34 PM MDT

I usually have my kids with me, but when I've been alone I've done it. I always ask and make sure they're not a serial killer first and that's worked out for me pretty well so far.

July 6, 2016 1:15 AM MDT

No

July 6, 2016 1:49 PM MDT

No, but if I was with another person and felt safe I might do it. For example, when I was driving with my cousins in a natural hiking area in California. There were lots of people visiting, and lots of people hitchhiking, so it felt safe and it was in the daytime.

July 6, 2016 1:58 PM MDT

• No.  I think hitchhiking is illegal anyway in many places.  It's just a chance I don't care to take.

July 6, 2016 2:12 PM MDT

Not normally. I have done once or twice, but most of the hitch-hikers I see now are obviously not motorists, for they stand in places where you are not allowed to stop, such as the exit roads from motorway service-stations. Either that or they are close to my home or other destination!

Quite a few hitching on British roads are carrying motor-trade registration-plates, suggesting they have just delivered vehicles to the owners or to garages, but they or their employers have not made arrangements for their return journeys.
      October 20, 2016 4:26 PM MDT