Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Does anyone actually give a crap about Vimeo or is it just the Bing of video sharing sites?

Does anyone actually give a crap about Vimeo or is it just the Bing of video sharing sites?

It was supposed to be the next best thing but does anyone really use it over youtube except hipsters who just want to be alone and different for being alone and different's sake?

I go check it out from time to time but rarely find anything that isn't on Youtube already.  When I do it's really crappy crap that seems more like a video software test than anything.

Posted - December 12, 2016

Responses

• I've used it a few times when You Tube only had older videos and Vimeo had them re-mastered in H.D. but that's about it. Bing ? It's OK but I never use it.
      December 12, 2016 12:16 PM MST

• That's about the same here.   IDK, the format and style of the site just isn't as clean and efficient as YT in my opinion. 

The only thing Vimeo seems ton offer that YT doesn't is nudity, but there really isn't anything that interest me there that utilizes them allowing it.
      December 12, 2016 12:19 PM MST

• Me neither. I always look for a You Tube video first.
      December 12, 2016 12:23 PM MST

• Grade school students do, since it's a lot less likely to be blocked in schools than Youtube is.
      December 12, 2016 12:50 PM MST

• That's interesting. It's so unpopular no one even knows to block it?
      December 12, 2016 6:04 PM MST

• I've always seen vimeo as more of a place for creative types ... Just a perception and I don't know if it's right or not
      December 12, 2016 2:23 PM MST

• You know.  That is supposed to be it's thing.   More focused on artistic content.  Yet I haven't ever really seen it manifest.  I know lots of creative types do have channels there but they don't seem to add much video and when they do put it up on Youtube as well usually.
      December 12, 2016 6:01 PM MST