Active Now

Randy D
Element 99
DannyPetti
Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Would it be improper?

Would it be improper?

Would it be improper to coment on a go fund me page that if all their facebook friends donated just $25 each the goal would be met?

A good friend of mine has had a go fund me page set up for a life saving medical procedure (it is legitimate). But in 4 days only $50 has been raised. If all their friends just made a donation the goal could be met in no time.

Posted - December 16, 2016

Responses

I wish her well. 

I don't think your commenting is either rude or not rude.  If you feel like it will help her you might need to do it to keep from feeling like you had an opportunity you didn't take should she not get the money she needs. 

Is is someone we would know?
      December 16, 2016 2:43 PM MST

It's not anybody on answermug. 
      December 17, 2016 3:30 AM MST

You certainly have nothing to lose by making that request.  Having said that, I'm very leery of these GoFundMe pages and I wonder just how many of them are bogus and you'd never know.  I'm all in favor of helping people who truly need it but I prefer to give to well-run charities, unless I know the person. 
      December 16, 2016 10:53 PM MST

I'm leery of gofundme as well, so I completely understand. In this situation I've been friends with the people involved (I know them personally), the last few years for them have been rough, and this medical issue just makes it worse. 
      December 17, 2016 3:34 AM MST

Under those circumstances, I would contribute.
      December 17, 2016 11:43 AM MST