Active Now

Slartibartfast
Spunky
Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Trump doesn't know his place. He isn't worthy enough to shine John Lewis' shoes. How DARE HE tell Lewis what he should do in his district?

Trump doesn't know his place. He isn't worthy enough to shine John Lewis' shoes. How DARE HE tell Lewis what he should do in his district?

Posted - January 14, 2017

Responses

You know Rosie, with all these discussions you are starting, I am getting the distinct impression you don't like our President Elect.   

Why shouldn't he tell John Lewis what to do?  It's not like politicians and businessmen haven't criticized each other before.  Lewis doesn't like Trump.  He has been vocal about it.  We all know how well Trump handles that kind of stuff.  So, he got snippy with someone.  Yet again.

It's just another day in the political arena.  Frankly, if nothing else, the entire world will be in for quite an entertaining show after Jan 20th.
      January 14, 2017 11:58 AM MST

You do know who John Lewis is don't you Harry? He almost was beaten to death when he was young. He marched with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. He is the most recognized defender of Civil Rights we have in Congress and except for those who would like to have him dead he highly is respected and honored and appreciated and lauded. So to have a person like Donald J. Trump DARE to tell him what he should do is an affront. But then everything Trump does/says is an affront.  Trump doesn't know his place. When John Lewis was beaten so severely he almost died for what he believed in what was Donald J. Trump doing?  When did Trump ever march/protest for anything worthwhile? All his rallies were all about him. He is a disgusting human being in my opinion. This is the place where we get to say what we think Harry.  It is a way to get some kind of catharsis if only temporary because otherwise the fact that this piece of humanity will be head of state would not be tolerable. We speak up. We say what we think. Unless he changes who and what he is then what I think about him cannot change. Some folks are like-minded and understand why I ask what I ask. Some are very anti-me and get very angry when I say what I think. Well I have a right to speak and you have every right to ignore me. I ignore them. I NEVER engage with them. Why should I? The pro-Trump folks will never shut up. The anti-Trump folks will never shut up. That is  unless/until Trump is prez and bans all such anti-Trump discourse. If he can ban journalists from his presence he sure as he** can ban folks like me by silencing us. Toss us in jail to rot. Block certain sites from being accessed. He is a bottomless pit of deceit and evil in my opinion and he will go to any lengths or depths to suck up to those who agree with him and destroy those who don't . He is conspiring with the enemy very proudly and his peeps don't give a sh**. I say Bring it on!  I am not blase  as  you seem to be. Different strokes. I have no idea how old you are. I am 79. I have nothing to lose by speaking out which I will continue doing until I can't anymore. I know some folks are angry at me for asking the kinds of questions I do about their  saviour Donald J. Trump. They worship the he** outta him. So what? Even Devils have admirers. Everything about him offends me  Those who voted for him did did so willingly to our country. I will never forgive them for that. TMI? Thank you for your reply HarryD and Happy Sunday to thee! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 15, 2017 4:38 AM MST
      January 15, 2017 4:37 AM MST

Of course John Lewis was a civil rights hero, but what does that have to do with now? Trump will be president, and best for all if Lewis works with Trump.
      January 15, 2017 2:58 PM MST

Maybe Lewis is attacking Trump because Trump is white.  Don't I sound like the loony left, when any criticism of Obama was because Obama is black?
      January 14, 2017 5:36 PM MST

Oh Rosie.  Of course I know who John Lewis is.  And, of course, you have every right to express yourself and voice your opinion.  I felt this particular question allowed me to have some fun to lighten the mood a bit.  I see you felt it was at your expense and I apologize that my response upset you so much.  

I am not blase.  I don't like Trump due to personal experience with the guy.  I worked most of my adult life in the New York construction industry.  I am not going to get into specifics at this point in time.  I am retired & don't live in New York any more. I was talking with someone the other day who is also a NY transplant and we were laughing at the fact that the general consensus of those of us who were "blessed" with daily news of Trump back then all said the same thing.  He was a con man to us.  He always has been.  After the election, friends & family from NY were all flabbergasted and angry he won.  I wasn't surprised because I'm surrounded by Trump supporters where I now live. I am very friendly and close with people who supported him. The reason I seem blase to you is that, after rational discussions, I fully understand why my friends supported him. It doesn't mean that I think they are right. It doesn't mean I'm not concerned about what he will do to this country.  But, I am a person who just can't stay angry over the outcome of an election.  I can and will become angry over whatever problems arise due this outcome.  However, his antics?  I'm used to it and for me, it's like my tinnitus in my right ear.  I am so used to it that I don't notice it.  Only when there is a change in volume do I sit up and pay attention.  

January 15, 2017 6:26 AM MST