Discussion » Questions » answerMug » In my notifications, I have several buttons to click on.. But, no matter which one I click on, they ALL take me to the top of the thread.

In my notifications, I have several buttons to click on.. But, no matter which one I click on, they ALL take me to the top of the thread.

Hello:

L
ittle help here.   When I click on a name, it takes me to their profile..  That's nice..  But, which button do I click on that will take me to the particular post and not the thread?  Otherwise, I have to wend my way through the thread to find the question I was looking for..  Sometimes, I have to look by the date, because they're not easy to find if I have to look. 

Thanks, dudes..

excon

Posted - January 29, 2017

Responses

• Good question.
      January 29, 2017 10:24 AM MST

Hello Lago:

It's happening on the vagina thread..  I want it to react FASTER, but I think some people LIKE it going SLOW..  :)

excon
      January 29, 2017 10:41 AM MST

Hello excon.

I noticed the problem too.  There appears to be a glitch in the program.  Maybe you should alert JA.
      January 29, 2017 10:58 AM MST

Hello Harry:

She's probably watching..

excon
      January 29, 2017 11:21 AM MST

That's the way it works.
      January 29, 2017 11:32 AM MST

The structure is currently this:

Member Name(1) replied to your comment on Discussion Name(2)

On these ones, the first link takes you to the member's profile. The second link hops you to the right place in the discussion.

Member Name(1) posted on(2) a discussion you're involved in: Discussion Name(3)

Link one takes you to the member's profile. Links 2 and 3 take you to the top of the discussion.

Member Name(1) replied to your discussion: Discussion Name(2)

Link one takes you to the member's profile, link 2 hops you to the right place in the discussion.

Each one of these is coded differently and having the dev standardize them is a longer project. It's on the list. Most of them will take you to the right place in the discussion if you click a specific part of the link... my plan is to eventually have the whole thing be a link to the right place in the discussion, with the exception of the member name. 
      January 29, 2017 12:08 PM MST