Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » What is one thing about your life or about you now that you wish you had when you were younger?

What is one thing about your life or about you now that you wish you had when you were younger?

As for me, i wish i had the state of mind that i have now- while i was a teen, so i didn't have to go thru years of body dysmorphia and self consciousness that took a huge toll on me mentally and psychologically.. id tell my younger self that i was fine the way i was.

i definitely have more (now) to be self conscious about, like my slightly crooked thighs and knees due to arthritis caused by my autoimmune issue but i don't let it bother me. i just don't care what people think anymore. 

Posted - February 3, 2017

Responses

• I wish I had the state of mind I have now too, though if some raise an eyebrow at that they should have been there when I was younger.
    I suppose I've developed mechanisms to deal with that sense of isolation; it's still there, but now it sits in my head on a rickety chair with its legs crossed, smiling benignly.
    I'm sorry to see that you went through what you did. Good health to you.
      February 3, 2017 1:10 AM MST

• "Knowledge" ... it's been said a million times, "I wish I knew then, what I know now!"
      February 3, 2017 1:36 AM MST

Self-confidence
      February 3, 2017 3:06 AM MST

• Retirement! I'd have had a ball back in the day if I'd had the time to indulege. :) 
      February 3, 2017 3:21 AM MST

• That was my wish when I was young ... to be forced into early retirement. :)
      February 3, 2017 3:32 AM MST

• I've enjoyed it very much but it would have been ever better without arthritis. :)
      February 3, 2017 3:34 AM MST

• Yea ... that wasn't part of my wish either.
      February 3, 2017 3:37 AM MST