Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » WHAT DID YOU THINK THE FIRST TIME YOU EVER SAW YOUR FAVORITE CELEB? MOVIES, MUSIC, SPORTS, DOESN'T MATTER

WHAT DID YOU THINK THE FIRST TIME YOU EVER SAW YOUR FAVORITE CELEB? MOVIES, MUSIC, SPORTS, DOESN'T MATTER

by that I mean was there an instant 'thing' for this person? admiration? lust? (lol) or just plain fascination?

I was 11 when I first saw Marilyn Monroe in 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes' and during that opening number with Jane Russell, she absolutely MESMERIZED me!! that face, that figure, that screen 'presence'.....WOW.

so I want to know who did this for you and how old you were, & do you still 'like' this person?

me? lifelong MM fan......!!!!

Posted - February 4, 2017

Responses

i have a tendency not to get star struck....theyre really not that facinating to me.
      March 13, 2017 9:11 PM MDT

• I was a fan of Sugar Ray Leonard, one day I went to see him and was shocked as how much like a normal person he looked like. I thought he would be huge!
    But besides being a super boxer, he was just some dude!
      March 13, 2017 9:59 PM MDT

glad you got to meet him & I know just what you mean......I've met many celebs over the years as I'm an 'autograph hound' did it for about 20 years.....I always get a kick out of seeing how tall or short they are, color of their eyes, etc. up close.....just my little 'quirk' I guess! lol.......

The one lady that appeared 'regular' was Helen Hayes; she came out of her dressing room, cloth coat with a fur collar, with 2 little dogs on leashes; she was wearing glasses, and had a big smile for me.......hardly what you'd expect 'the first lady of the American stage' as she's been called, to look like in person......(I'm kidding) what else would she look like in real life? lol.....but it was great to meet her and see that she was, as you say, just another older lady!!!

on the other hand, friend of mine, big Liz Taylor fan, met her by accident; he said 'her eyes really ARE violet!!" & I guess because the meeting was so unexpected, it was a double whammy for him, so to speak.......

so the 'regular' person and 'superstar' things both coexist, I guess!!!!!!!

March 14, 2017 8:47 AM MDT