Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » When was the last time you personally wore this on the red carpet?

When was the last time you personally wore this on the red carpet?

That being an outfit made out of unused plastic garbage, trash, bin bag/liners.

Posted - July 10, 2016

Responses

When was the last time you personally wore any outfit made out of unused plastic garbage, trash, bin/bag/liners to a major international airport and purchased a first class ticket to any one of the 16 island destinations in the Caribbean. Did you experience any delays at customs due to your attire? Did you have any problems with the locals or were they already familiar with the growing trend of wearing plastic.

July 10, 2016 9:06 PM MDT

July 10, 2016 10:53 PM MDT

• OK.

I'm going to do this just once.

I was never on the red carpet so I'll imagine it.

Let's say I Iook like Cher in her prime...

(I don't, never did, never could have, but this is fantasy.)

I've arranged the first layer of soft flexible dark green garbage bags like the highest and shortest version of a ballerina's tutu. It juts out about two feet all round my hips.

From behind the waist, like the tail of a bird-of-paradise, different lengths of streamers of the same plastic trail behind me in a train. I'm in black, 4" high

I'm in black, 4" high stilletto heeled sandals with ankle straps.

My torso is tailored tight and hugging, glued to my skin.

The V neck-line plunges from shoulders to waist, the back and arms bare.

My hair is piled high on top, with long straight stands of black hair trailing down my back.

Now comes the music, made with Jamaican steelpan drums, garbage bin lids, castanets, trumpet and tuba.

it's playing a version of Ravel's "Bolero."

The trumpet announces me. Here I come. I stand and swirl throw my arms out high and wide and start to dance.

I dance the procession all the way, a cross between ballet and flamenco, until,

triumphant, I disappear into the Academy Awards.

July 11, 2016 2:51 AM MDT

• I don't wear them out and about because I am insecure with wearing them out and about, but I'm trying to change that.  I wore a couple the other night  as a shirt and pants.  I love the look of them on people, and I think they should become mainstream fashion.

July 12, 2016 8:18 PM MDT

• So was that a storey or have any proof.

July 12, 2016 8:19 PM MDT

• Just a story.

Fiction.

Fantasy.

July 12, 2016 11:58 PM MDT