Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » I'm OK you're OK? What makes you think so?

I'm OK you're OK? What makes you think so?

Posted - February 9, 2017

Responses

• There's no evidence or indication to the contrary.
      February 9, 2017 6:00 AM MST

Oh! OK. I can live with that. We can ASSUME the best if there is nothing to contradict it in evidence. Innocent till proven guilty. Thanks. That makes sense Glis! :)
      February 9, 2017 7:17 AM MST

• Differences aside you seem like okay  person.
    Maybe you're not doing okay though?  I hope that's not the case.
      February 9, 2017 7:27 AM MST

No  m'dear. That is very kind of you. It isn't me it's a friend and also one of Jim's sons. Two different people with two different things going on. Thank you for that kind comment. I appreciate it Glis. You seem like an okay person too, differences aside. If you weren't I'd ignore you. That's what I do. But not with you. I wonder though getting back to my answer. How often do we really believe Innocent till proven guilty? Don't we often decide in advance if we believe someone is guilty and even if they are found "innocent" we still believe they are guilty? O.J. Simpson for example? :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 9, 2017 7:40 AM MST
      February 9, 2017 7:35 AM MST

• Ahh I gotcha.  That's a hard one sometimes. Trying to tell if someone is just a little flat lately or having real trouble they are trying to hide. Hard to offer your shoulder without pushing privacy and comfort limits.

There's a difference between us thinking or even knowing someone is guilty and proving it in legal courts.  Some surely get away but the alternative is worse. The whole it's better to let one guilty person go free than to let ten innocent men be punished thing.
      February 9, 2017 7:49 AM MST

• Experience. I don't believe there's anything you can throw into my path that I won't be able to cope with. 

A fatal illness? Well, why not? It's one's attitude toward death that determines how we handle it and, honestly, we all face it sooner or later. Here's a picture of my good buddy, Grim, taking me for a ride on his Harley.

February 9, 2017 4:54 PM MST