Discussion » Questions » Language » Are you up? What's up? Is that on the up-and-up? Do you stand up for yourself? You're up. Drink up! Clean up. Start up. Speak up! Give up?

Are you up? What's up? Is that on the up-and-up? Do you stand up for yourself? You're up. Drink up! Clean up. Start up. Speak up! Give up?

Posted - February 15, 2017

Responses

• Can't say for the rest but I am a stand up for myself kind, and I speak up...  I am frustrated as heck right now cos I SOOOOO want to tell someone what I think of her behaviour but it's work related and I have to be professional.. .. but it's hard... she is behaving abominably... grrrrr lol hate the confines of work :P Watch this space I may be out of work soon :P 
      February 15, 2017 8:38 AM MST

A Trump supporter, would have told her where to go in a hurry, and be done with it. you hold it in and make yourself ill, not good. Trump is short and to the point no b.s.
      February 15, 2017 12:37 PM MST

• Why thank you for your concern for me Tom, I had no idea you cared so much about a Trump hater :P  I did what I had to, the deed is done.. but I am sure you would agree that in a work situation you do have to handle things in a certain way or you could just make things worse.. There is freedom of speech here and one can tell the boss what one thinks of them... and I did, but you still have to do it carefully or it could make one either, a) resign or  b) make work so unpleasant that one cannot stay.. 

So i have done what needed to be done.. and I did it articulately and with reasoned explanation..

I think you would agree there are some situations where behaving like Trump, in other words with no class, could make it impossible to remain in one's job.. it would also make people hate working with one.. which makes it untenable.. Trump wouldn't last 5 mins here 
      February 15, 2017 3:24 PM MST

:):):)
      February 16, 2017 2:37 AM MST

Oh sweetie I've been there. Condolences. Isn't is funny how ubiquitous obnoxious is? There is at least ONE in every business. SIGH. Hang in. She probably would LOVE to be your undoing. Don't let her. Just be ubercool. I know you have it in you. You show it here  daily! ((hugs)) Thank you for your reply DdbTD! Go get 'em! :)
      February 16, 2017 2:36 AM MST