Active Now

my2cents
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Do prefer a laptop, a tablet, or a smart phone? Why?

Do prefer a laptop, a tablet, or a smart phone? Why?

Does it do everything you want or are some things too difficult?

Posted - February 15, 2017

Responses

Laptop is best because I know 'blind touch', Didge. When I am dabbling with poetry or writing something creative I prefer laptop because I want my ideas to flow spontaneously. But iPad is easy to hold and i get lazy when I'm on couch so that's when iPad is handy, smart phone.....yes of course for keeping in touch with distant friends via whatsup mostly.
      February 15, 2017 8:14 PM MST

• I also prefer the laptop and, partly, for the same reason. Once my thoughts begin to flow I need to be able to keep up with them and when I get creative my fingers fly. (I can always fix the errors later.) I have a tablet but it's too slow and my smart phone is great but I wouldn't want to write much on it. 
      February 15, 2017 8:27 PM MST

Yes,I too prefer writing on laptop or iPad not iPhone.
      February 15, 2017 10:32 PM MST

• I only have one of the three, so I guess I have to say "laptop," but I never use it anymore.
    The sound is terrible and I don't like any laptop mouse setup that I've ever seen, so I always wind up using a remote mouse.
      February 15, 2017 8:37 PM MST

• I'm using a remote mouse, too. Way to go! 
      February 15, 2017 9:24 PM MST

• I prefer my smart phone. Literally everything I need to do or want to do is through my mobile device. Whether I'm checking my bank account, paying bills, writing a creative story, surfing answermug, listening to music, or sliding through social media, everything goes through my smart phone. The only thing I use my laptop for is streaming through Netflix and gaming.
      February 15, 2017 10:08 PM MST

• Corey, how do you write fast enough on a mobile? Voice input? 
      February 15, 2017 10:52 PM MST

• It can get annoying, I'll admit. I bought a cheap bluetooth keyboard just for that reason. If I'm at a place where I can use it, all I have to do is turn on the phone's bluetooth and the keyboard. Bam! Easy typing.
      February 16, 2017 4:47 AM MST

• You're not gonna believe this but I didn't know such things existed. It's amazing what I learn on the Mug. Thanks. :)
      February 16, 2017 1:50 PM MST

• Actually, I do believe you. I didn't even know they existed until several weeks ago. I was looking for a USB to microUSB adapter so I could plug up a regular keyboard (which actually can work) when I stumbled on the bluetooth keyboard accidentally.
      February 16, 2017 7:08 PM MST

• I'm a cross between a smartphone and a laptop. My laptop is so much easier to use but my smartphone is easier to carry with me. I'm conflicted.
      February 15, 2017 10:38 PM MST

• I'm very much the same. I wouldn't do a great deal of writing on the phone.
      February 15, 2017 10:52 PM MST

When here? The fastest navigating is on a computer/laptop. The tablet works somewhat in between laptop and a smartphone. I try to avoid using the phone, but do look inside when on the go. 
      February 16, 2017 2:02 AM MST

• They're handy when you're out and about. The reason I asked the question is that a lot people seem to prefer them and I wondered how they managed to get any detailed input. I've been using a keyboard allmy working life but I'm painfully slow -- and clumsy -- with a smartphone.
      February 16, 2017 3:08 AM MST

Hmm. It is about practice, although some of the stuff is still way easier on the laptop than on the phone. Or... I'm just also an old soul. Hmm. I should maybe better go and have a nap. Lol
      February 16, 2017 4:46 AM MST

• I prefer my desktop. :)
      February 16, 2017 2:17 AM MST

• I considered including desktop as an option but thought there weren't so many being used any more.
      February 16, 2017 3:09 AM MST

• What can I say?.....I'm a dinosaur. :)
      February 16, 2017 3:28 AM MST

I would prefer to use a laptop at home, but mine puked, so I make do with my phone.  
      February 16, 2017 3:50 AM MST

• Desktop followed by laptop.  Mobile sites and touchscreens are too much of a hassle and frustrating. Tablets are just toys.
      February 16, 2017 4:06 AM MST

• I feel that way about tablets. I thought it was just me.
      February 16, 2017 1:52 PM MST

• I know a lot of people who feel that way.  They are gimmicks as far as I'm concerned fun, but inefficient and not nearly as useful or productive. Nothing beats a keyboard.
      February 16, 2017 1:55 PM MST

None are of any use to me except for the latter.
      February 16, 2017 7:15 PM MST

• I had three older siblings: a brother 15 years older, a sister 13 years older, and another sister 9 years older. And the latter is as Latter. (She married a guy named Noel Latter.)
      February 16, 2017 9:00 PM MST