Discussion » Questions » Relationships » "Tell me what your political party is and I will know whether to like you or not". Absurd isn't it? Yet that's how some folks roll. Do you?

"Tell me what your political party is and I will know whether to like you or not". Absurd isn't it? Yet that's how some folks roll. Do you?

Posted - February 18, 2017

Responses

Here you go Rosie:

http://www.gp.org/ This post was edited by Zack at February 18, 2017 7:42 AM MST
      February 18, 2017 7:38 AM MST

((hugs)) Does that give you a hint? Thanks for the link. You know Zack I was seriously considering The Green Party as an alternative to voting for Hillary but I didn't want to waste my vote . As it turns out I wasted it anyway. Thank you for the link m'dear and Happy Saturday! :) Actually of course I'm joking.  I have friends who are Conservative and we get along just fine..except for our politics. But I swear the minute some unstable types find out I'm a Liberal wow you should see the crap I get from them! So of course I just ignore them and don't read anything they post. We can disagree with civility and without insult. It's easy as pie. As ya gotta do is try it and you'll like it. I don't mean you specifically Zack since I'm sure you aren't like that. Some folks are terribly disappointing though!  :)
      February 18, 2017 7:47 AM MST

I bet there are people that think that their votes are wasted no matter who we vote for. The thing is that we go vote anyway. Maybe, just maybe that one time makes a difference.
      February 18, 2017 7:51 AM MST

• I don't judge people by what party they belong too. It really doesn't matter at all to me. It's the person them self and not what party they belong to. I guess the closest party for me would be the Libertarian party. I'm not going any further than that. The Dems and Pubs don't impress me in the least.
      February 18, 2017 7:42 AM MST

I'm a Liberal Dem Rooster and you'd be surprised at the crap I get from some unstable Conservatives because of that. On the other hand I have some good friends who are Conservatives. They are the grownup adult kind, not the meanies! Thank you for your reply m'dear!  :)
      February 18, 2017 7:49 AM MST

I don't care what party someone belongs. I real life if know a few who  claim to be liberals...But I also know them enough to know their positions on issues. And most of them are not liberals they just have not paid enough attention to policy to know they are conservative. I did get through to them this year thanks to isidewith.com they finally took the quiz and realized they aren't liberals. But it is still hard on them. "I have voted Dem all my life but for this year...." 

On the internet I find that one tends to get what they give, with some exceptions of course. And name calling can usually be tamped down by how you respond back.
      February 18, 2017 8:22 AM MST

• Nice quiz. I was surprised at my results!
      February 18, 2017 8:29 AM MST

They update it each year when candidates start running in primaries. I take it each time to see if who I plan to vote in primary matches on issues. 
    This year I originally planned for Huckabee. The quiz told me Trump, Cruz, Huckabee in that order.  Huckabee was out before got to my state. So was moot. 
    I do like the site it puts policy positions in front instead of the I like this guy better....
      February 18, 2017 9:15 AM MST