Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » One person's trash is another person's treasure. Some folks think they can decide what others should value. You don't do that, do you?

One person's trash is another person's treasure. Some folks think they can decide what others should value. You don't do that, do you?

Posted - March 2, 2017

Responses

• I would never do such a thing. Unless you're drinking Mellow Yellow. You should value Mountain Dew more. Dew Power!! This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 3, 2017 3:15 PM MST
      March 2, 2017 2:58 PM MST

I don't know what Mellow Yellow is Corey. I do know what Mountain Dew is and I think I might have tasted it a long time ago. Isn't it kinda sweet? Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      March 3, 2017 3:16 PM MST

• Kinda sweet. Lol, it's all the sweet! Mellow Yellow is Coke's rip off of a product that they think resembles Mountain Dew, but low and behold, it's terrible! Can ya tell I don't like Mellow Yellow :P
      March 3, 2017 5:33 PM MST

Yep I sure can m'dear. I'll have to look for it in the market just to see what the packaging looks like. It reminds me of a song I think.  Is there a song with  "mellow yellow" among the lyrics? It seems familiar but I would not have associated it with a drink. Thank you for your reply Corey and Happy Saturday! :)
      March 4, 2017 2:08 AM MST

• I don't think there is, but who knows. Happy Saturday, Rosie!
      March 4, 2017 5:37 AM MST

No.  Many times when I was in college I did what we called,  dumpster-dive.  I was ecstatic to see what others had thrown out.  I benefited from what they no longer needed or thought was trash.  I don't draw quick judgments on anyone for any reason.  What they throw away is their business.  If I can help by recycling it, all the better. This post was edited by Merlin at March 3, 2017 3:09 PM MST
      March 2, 2017 4:06 PM MST

We recycle too. Maybe someone else can use it. I used to haunt Goodwill and Salvation Army and Thrift Stores. You should see some of the treasure I bought for very little money. The only downside to that was I always felt sadly wistful wondering to whom they had belonged and what caused them to have to give them up? It's like owning a piece of someone's life.  Where we lived before there was the enclosed area where the trash bins were kept. Right outside of that enclosure were the mailboxes. When people moved away they would cart to that spot and leave what they didn't want to take with them..right by the mailboxes outside the enclosure. We were there for a few years and we took advantage of some nifty things that for whatever reason people didn't want to bother taking with them. They didn't get trashed or thrown away. They were "repurposed"! :)
      March 3, 2017 3:15 PM MST