Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Overwhelmed, fearful, trapped. Does that now or has that ever described you? When, why?

Overwhelmed, fearful, trapped. Does that now or has that ever described you? When, why?

Posted - March 3, 2017

Responses

• AG

This is how I feel in my current relationship. I LOVE my boyfriend, but I am not used to being this loved. And it makes me scared. He loves me more than I've ever loved anyone, and I don't feel like I deserve it. But I'm trying to change my negative thinking because I really like him.
      March 3, 2017 7:00 AM MST

That can be really tricky. Does he smother you? Does he resent being away from you or your being with other people..family/friends? Be very careful. I had a fiance like that. He once told me that he wished he could miniaturize me so he could carry me with him at all times in his pocket. That scared the crap outta me and I got out right away. Be cautious. He could be dangerous. I'm not kidding. Good luck with that. Thank you for your reply. Are you perchance Anonymous Girl from Answerbag? :)
      March 3, 2017 7:27 AM MST

Kinda, but he tries to dial it back for me. And he does like to be around me as much as possible. He is fine with me being with my family and friends, though, and encourages me to be with them as well. I definitely understand being scared away by the miniature you comment. 

Thank you and you're welcome:))

Yes, I am.

March 3, 2017 7:43 AM MST

((hugs)) Hi there cutie! :)
      March 3, 2017 2:05 PM MST

Hello :) (Hugs)
      March 10, 2017 3:53 AM MST

Hi honey! Happy Friday to thee AG! :) ((hugs)) ((hugs))  ((hugs))
      March 10, 2017 4:29 AM MST

Happy Friday :) ((((triple hugs))))
      March 10, 2017 1:01 PM MST

Quadruple times a zillion (((hugs)))! I wonder if we will live that long AG? Quadruple times triple hugs times a zillion?  That's a lot of hugs! :)
      March 11, 2017 5:49 AM MST

• Yes. Life with my father.
      March 3, 2017 7:06 PM MST

SIGH. I'm so sorry that is your memory of your "life with father". It can't be erased from your memory. It's part of you whistle and it's so unfair. Little kids shouldn't be made to feel that way. No one should but especially little kids. Don't know if you have any children yourself but if/when you do then for sure you know what NOT to do. I guess that's something. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday!  :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 10, 2017 4:32 AM MST
      March 10, 2017 4:32 AM MST

• I do not have kids. Nor do my three siblings. I suspect this is due in large part to our experience with family life growing up.
      March 10, 2017 8:31 AM MST

That's sad whistle. Perhaps one day in the future you might feel differently. But I can certainly totally understand the why of your feeling that and your sublings as well. Thank you for the additional information. I appreciate it. I know quite a few couples who have elected not to have children. The reasons are as varied as the people. :)
      March 10, 2017 10:29 AM MST

Overwhelmed---sure.

Someone, (I forget who, I just saved the comment) posted a comment by Joel Osteen the other day.

You only have so much emotional energy each day. Don't fight battles that don't matter.

Everybody runs out of gas occasionally (or at least, they have to stop long enough to refuel).
      March 10, 2017 1:10 PM MST

Sometimes in the throes of it it's difficult to properly assess the value/importance. I think we all have buttons that can be pushed and then we're off and running. Sometimes you push a button inadvertently. Sometimes you know exactly what you're doing. I used to hang in and keep at it but years ago I decided to just walk away . It's not that important. In real life of course there are times you can't walk away. But on an internet social site replete with strangers whom you will never meet nothing is that important. Nothing! In my opinion! Thank you for your reply tom!  :)
      March 11, 2017 5:52 AM MST